Seventeen

"Billie stop you're hurting me!" Demi cried out as Billie drug her to the car.
"Quit complaining and get in the car." She huffed, slamming the car door after the brunette climbed in.
"You were being so nice to me. And now you're back to your old self because we're back in New York. I'm not your little toy that you get to toss around and break. You either choose your hurtful side or choose me. You can't have both." Demi wiped her tears and looked at Billie who was smoking a blunt.
"Are you even listening to me Billie!?" Demi snatched the blunt out of Billie's hand and put it out, leaving it in the ashtray.
"Demetria who the fuck do you think you're talking to?"
"I'm talking to you Billie O'Connell. Everything I say goes in one ear and right out the other. You don't process shit. Take me back to your house so I can get my belongings and I'll get an Uber or I'll call my brother. I don't want to see you unless you've made your choice." Demi put her seatbelt on and Billie sped off, driving in the direction of her house.
"Go. Go on, get your shit. Don't text me. Don't call me. Don't do shit. And have your brother come get you but if he says some fuck shit he's getting shot and killed there." Billie pushed Demi out of the car and sped off, leaving her at the house with Finneas.
"Hi Demi." Finneas said while opening the door.
"Not now finny. I gotta pack everything."
Demi pushed right passed him and went up to the room, gathering her clothing, makeup, books, art work, shoes, plushies and her blanket.
She tossed it all into bags and stood outside, waiting on her brother Aj to arrive.
He pulled into the driveway and rushed out of the car to help his baby sister with her bags, and then he paused to hug her.
"I knew you'd come home sooner or later. We missed you kid." He whispered while taking her last bag and dropping it into the trunk and getting into the car.
"What's going on? Why is my little sis crying? What did Billie do to you?"
"It's nothing Aj really. I'm fine. We just had an argument. It's not really important but do you think maybe we can stop by chipotle? I'll pay." Demi cracked a smile knowing her sister would be so jealous if she and Aj got chipotle without her.
"Better get your sister something. She'd kill you if you didn't." He chuckled, pulling into chipotles parking lot.
"Hm. I'll get her something but she don't get to eat it unless she apologizes." Demi cackled, climbing out of the car and walking beside her older brother, her hero.
After retrieving the food they headed home.
Demi walked in and saw Ava on the couch with her boyfriend. They were watching a movie but as soon as she noticed Demi she jumped up and hugged her.
No apology needed.
Demi reached into the bag and placed the food in her sisters hands with a smile.
"Hey babe? Do you mind going home. My baby sister is back." She smiled.
And then the rest of the night was filled with laughter and "I missed you's"
Which was odd but Demi accepted it until Billie texted her.
It was a photo of her favorite plushie, her elephant.
It was on Billie's bed.
Demi's heart ached knowing she couldn't sleep without that elephant.
And then a few hours passed and Demi was walking down her driveway when she saw Billie's car speed off. She looked on the porch and saw the stuffed elephant on the chair.
She smiled a bit and reached for it, smelling the scent that always filled Billie's room.
It filled her senses with nostalgia of the things they went though together in the last year.
The fighting.
The loving.
The laughter.
The tears.
The anger.
The happiness.
It was all just so overwhelming to Demi.
She went inside and tossed her elephant into the washer and read a book on the couch until he was fresh and clean.
And then it was time for her to sleep but the constant nightmares never went away.
The nightmares of her parents fighting until her dad pulled out a gun and shot her mother.

That's where the puzzle pieces put themselves together.