Eleven

"I want to help. I'm so sorry." Demi said while holding the towel out to Billie, hoping she'd grab it and cover her wound with it.
"Go away man fuck. I'm so tired of this. Why are you still here?"
"I want to help you Billie. This is my fault and the least I could do is help you stop the bleeding." Demi cried while setting the towel on the bed besides Billie.
"Demetria I told you to leave me the fuck alone." Billie growled while pressing the towel to her shoulder.
   "Billie. Please let me help."
"Demi! Go home! Now! I don't want to see you again!" Billie shouted, standing up as she towered over the small girl.
  Demi felt the tears rush to her eyes as she looked into Billie's heavy eyes.
    She looked at Billie once more before running out the door, crying as she sprinted in the rain.
   She walked the long two hours home in the freezing cold rain falling from New Yorks gloomy sky.
As soon as she got home she apologized to her family, sobbing into the tight hug she shared with her older brother.
"You're alright kid. She wasn't a good person for you to be around anyways." He whispered, taking his fingers through her hair.
and suddenly she disappeared into her room later that day.
She hadn't had contact with anybody in a few days since then.
But in fact, today marks 12 days since Demi had spoke to Billie.
Until now.
"Demi. Billie's here." Ava said with a clear attitude.
"Tell her to go away. I don't want to see her at all." Demi turned over onto her side, her back facing the door.
Then she heard her door swing open.
"Ava just tell her to go away." She groaned but then she felt somebody climb into the bed beside her.
Their arm wrapped around her waist and held her securely as they pressed their body up against her own.
"Be quiet. Don't ruin the peace." Billie whispered while running her hand up and down Demi's arm.
Demi felt her body melt into Billie's touch and finally she turned towards billie after a few long minutes in complete silence.
"Why are you wheezing like a sick dog? Did you seriously walk home in the rain?" Billie asked while pushing the hairs away from Demi's face.
"What else did you want me to do? You told me to go home so I did. If you didn't want me to walk two and a half hours in the freezing cold rain you shouldn't have told me to go home. I just wanted to help."
Billie just stared at the ceiling.
She couldn't find words to describe how she was feeling in the moment. All she could think about is how bad Demi was crying that day.
The way she sobbed, apologizing every single second with what little breath could fit into her tired lungs.
The way she looked at Billie right before leaving the house and having no contact for 12 days.
"It'll be fine Demi. Don't worry about the past and most importantly, don't worry about me."