Fourteen

"What are you teaching me today?" Demi asked as Billie drove into the middle of nowhere.
    "Shooting." She plainly replied.
Once the car fell to a complete stop they climbed out and Billie began setting out the targets.
   "You ever shoot a gun before Demi?"
"Never." She truthfully said, putting the gloves on before grabbing the gun from the taller girl.
   Billie's left hand gripped Demi by her waist, fixing her position and posture while her other hand showed Demi how to hold and aim the small black gun.
    "Bend your elbows just a bit, and focus. And then you shoot."
   On the first try Demi hit the target. And on the second try. And on the third time.
    "You're doing really good Demi. We're gonna go home and relax for a bit, I just gotta be in my office at 4. You just gotta leave me be until 7."
    A few hours later Demi was resting on the couch while Billie was in her office.
   She was growing bored, it wasn't even close to 7 but she ended up knocking on the office door.
   "It's not 7 yet. Go watch another movie." Billie said, obviously frustrated.
     "I already watched three. I'm bored." Demi complained.
    "Come in."
Demi turned the handle and nervously stepped into the office.
    "Sit there." Billie pointed to the small couch to which Demi went to sit on.
Another hour passed.
Demi was falling asleep but Billie was becoming furious with the late night meeting. She slammed her fists on the desk, startling Demi out of her sleepy state of mind.
    "Billie what's wrong?" She sleepily but quietly asked while sitting up and rubbing her eyes.
   "Nothing. Lay back down."
About twenty minutes later Billie stood up, frustrated and took a deep breath and glanced over at the sleeping girl.
She sighed quietly and tried shaking her awake but it didn't work. Demi was in a deep sleep already.
Billie scooped her up and took her to the bed.
Billie crawled beside her and tucked her in before shutting off the main light, leaving the led lights on a soft blue color.
The next day Billie was waiting for a very important call from her boss, also known as the leader of the gang.
She was pacing back and forth, low grumbles of anger and curse words slipped out of her mouth as the phone began to ring.
"Go." She demanded, pointing at the door.
Demi kept her head down and left Billie's office, going to the living room to watch a movie.
About 30 minutes later Billie came down, completely dressed.
"Let's go. We have a few assignments."
Billie took Demi to her car and they rode in silence to their first destination.
When the car fell to a complete stop, Billie handed Demi some black gloves and a mask.
"Wear these. Don't let anyone see your face. Put your hood up as well. You're gonna guard the door while i take the money, if anyone comes in you shoot 'em. Got it?"
Demi swallowed hard and nodded.
Demi stayed at the door while Billie looted the entire house, grabbing money, and other expensive items like jewelry.
    And then the unthinkable happened. Someone was coming in.
   Demi held the gun tightly between her hands and waited until the stepped in the door, shooting the man twice in the abdominal region.
   Billie came running with the bag, only to see blood splattered everywhere, even on Demetria's face.
   "Cmon. We need to go."  Billie said, taking the girl by the hand and jumping into the car.
    "You did a really good job." Billie turned to Demi and looked into her eyes, pulling her own mask off just before removing Demi's.
   She continued staring deep into Demi's eyes, her hand coming up to her face and gently wiping the smeared blood off of her lip before leaning in, kissing her sweetly and passionately.
   "Pasta for dinner?" Billie chuckled, pulling away from the kiss and tucking a star Dan of hair behind Demi's ear.
   "Of course chef Billie."