Twenty two

"Bils? Billie." Demi's sleepy voice called out as she began to panic.
She had a terrible nightmare but Billie was in the shower, completely unable to help her.
Demi knocked on the bathroom door and called out to Billie once more.
"Bebe?" Demi called out quieter than before.
"Come in mama. What's wrong? Why do you sound sad?" Billie asked, her voice muffled by the sound of the water hitting the shower floor.
     "I had a nightmare." Demi said, still standing outside the door.
  "I said come in. It's nothing you haven't seen before baby." Billie calmly said, knowing that Demi was shy.
     Demi stepped in and sat on the sink, crossing her legs upon the counter while Billie was in the shower, covered by a shower curtain of course.
     "Tell me about your dream Dem."
"It was about what I saw... you know in Chicago. But it also had some details from my childhood."  Demi's voice got lower and softer, indicating that she was about to cry.
   She heard the water shut off completely and Billie stepped out, wrapped in a towel.       
   "Don't cry Demi. You're strong okay? How about we talk about it over hot tea? I know how much you like tea so I bought your favorite so I can try it too." Billie said, placing her cold, wet hand on Demi's shoulder.
    The brunette nodded and walked out of the bathroom so Billie could get dressed and not even a few minutes later Billie's walked out, wearing a black pair of cargo pants and a white tshirt.
   Her hair was still dripping wet.
She was so pretty.
      "Cmon." Billie tilted her head toward the door and waited for demi to walk infront of her.
Billie made the tea and sat with Demi.
"Tell me about it."
*later*
"Billie!! Billie help!" Demi screamed as the man tried to drag her by her arm.
Billie didn't come though.
Billie was too far away to heard Demi's screams for help.
And that's when she remembered.
Billie made Demi carry a pocket knife.
Demi reached into her pants pocket and pulled it, stabbing the man in the side repeatedly until he threw her to the ground, causing the knife to stab into her thigh.
She let out a muffled scream and left it in her thigh until she found Billie.
She limped towards Billie, tears streaming down her face.
"Billie." Demi cried while gesturing to the knife in her thigh.
"What the fuck happened?!" Billie gasped, picking her up and taking her out to the car.
"He tried to take me but I stabbed him and then he pushed me and I fell on the knife and I couldn't find you so I was panicking really bad." Demi sobbed while Billie hugged her.  
    "It's okay, it's okay don't cry. We aren't going to any more parties. Your safety is more important." Billie said while driving the girl home.    
    Once they arrived at Billie's house, Billie carried Demi up to the bathroom.
    Billie pulled the knife out, resulting in more pain and bleeding but she knew what she was doing.
   She applied pressure to the wound and waited until the bleeding stopped and then she cleaned it with an antiseptic.
    Finally she dressed the wound in a bandage and gave Demi some pain medicine.
   "Don't get out of bed." Billie said while handing the girl the remote and a cup of tea.   
    Demi nodded in agreement and watched billie walk out of the bedroom, closing the door behind her.