Nine

"So you officially dropped out of school huh?" Billie asked while handing the younger girl a milkshake.
"Yeah. I mean I'll be 18 next month so I can actually get a job and maybe... move out." Demi wasn't so happy about being on her own. Being alone is a very scary thought and a huge difference.
"You're scared of being alone hm?" Billie said while sliding her credit card into the machine.
"A little."
"I could always come over.. if you want that." Billie was being so nice. Demi absolutely loved this part of her.
"That sounds nice." Billie and Demi walked over to one of the picnic tables to enjoy their milkshakes before Demi had to go back home.
    "Shit I can't take you home Demi." Billie said while checking her phone.   
   "What why not?" Demi asked frantically.
"No time. We need to leave."
Billie grabbed Demi by her wrist and pulled her towards the car, pushing her inside before pulling out of the parking lot extremely fast.
"Billie what's going on you're scaring me." Demi whimpered while putting her seatbelt on.
"Is there anything sentimental you need from home?" Billie questioned, completely ignoring what Demi just said.
"Yeah. But why? I'm so confused."
"Demi. No questions right now please. When we get to your house you're gonna go inside and pack a bag, grab some clothes for a few nights and bring anything you want. Leave your phone behind." Billie said keeping her eyes on the road.
Demi was genuinely confused.
But she did was Billie said to do and stopped asking questions.
Once they arrived at Demi's house she ran inside and grabbed everything she needed and tossed it into her backpack before sprinting back out the door.
Just as they were getting on the highway Billie rolled her window down and tossed her phone out onto the freeway.
"I'll tell you everything when we get there. For now try to get some rest."

*a few days later*

Billie and Demi have been out of state for three days now. Billie explained everything from the very beginning and it went a little like this...

"I'm going to tell you everything now Demi. But you can't get angry with me or even upset." Billie calmly said while stroking Demi's hair.
   "I won't Billie. I just want to know what's going on. It's scaring me."
  "Basically there's a different mafia in New York and they're after us because the leader, Demarcus owes them a lot of money. Im talking millions, and they're after me for killing one of their apprentices." Billie blurted out, trying to get it over with.

  *back to the present*

"So. We had sex, but you still won't kiss me?" Demi said while turning towards Billie who was getting dressed.
   "Kissing is too affectionate. Maybe later in life I'll kiss you but I'm not looking forward to a relationship."
   Wow. That hurt.
Demi turned her back to Billie and closed her eyes, hopefully stopping the rush of tears that was making it way to her pretty, brown eyes.