Thirteen

"I don't know what you were thinking Demi. She could've hurt you. It's my job to protect you and I'm never letting you out of my sight again." Billie said while deleting that woman's number out of Demetrias phone.
"I understand Billie im sorry." Demi said quietly making Billie's head snap up.
"Listen. Dude. There's no reason to cry alright? You're safe now and there's nothing to worry about. Just calm down."
   Billie took a deep breath and sat beside on the girl on the bed.
    "Billie can I ask you a question about lastnight?" Demi whispered while laying her head on Billie's lap.
   "Anything." She replied softly.
"Did you mean to kiss me?
Billie sucked in a short breath and looked down at the green eyed girl.
"I did. I meant everything I did and said lastnight Demi. I'm not here to just protect you, I sorta wanna give you the love you've been seeking for a while but I don't want to drag you into this shithole mess. You're too gentle to be part of a mafia. Your mind is too delicate to hurt people physically."
"What if you... taught me everything I need to know. I'll do anything to prove I'm worthy of your love." Demi sat up and looked at Billie with hopeful eyes.
"I can't risk you getting hurt."
"Please Billie." Demi look at Billie who suddenly stood up.
"No. That's enough begging and puppy-dog eyes." She said plainly while walking out of the bedroom, slamming the door behind her.
    A couple hours passed and Demi was lying on the couch watching Billie's dog play with his new toy when Billie came back down.
    "Get dressed and meet me outside. We're starting with fighting first." She said, throwing clothes at Demi before walking outside.
    "Not too bad D. You just need to work on your hooks and speed. Then you'll be good to learn shooting."
    And then another couple hours passed and Demi was in the shower.
   "When you get out lemme see those bruises." Billie said, placing a towel on the sink besides the girls clothing.   
    "Okay." She quietly responded.
Soon after Demi got out of the shower she changed and went straight into Billie's bedroom and waited until she came back.
   "Lemme see love." She lovingly said while grabbing Demi's wrist.
Billie carefully examined the black and blue marks on Demi's knuckles and then she looked up at her neck, where Billie grabbed her in the fight. There was a bruised print of Billie's hand.
"Shit. I'm sorry Demi." She whispered while running her fingers across the mark.
"Does it hurt?" Billie kindly questioned.
"No. I didn't even notice it."
"Hm. Get in bed. I'll be back." Billie walked away from the girl and went downstairs.
Demi tucked herself in and just laid there until Billie came back. Which wasn't long.
Billie climbed back beside the girl and stared at the ceiling before turning over to Demi, her breathing slow and steady.
"Care to cuddle?" Billie whispered, almost starting to feel embarrassed as the silence grew.
Demi looked over at Billie, her eyes filled with sincerity and kindness.
"Of course Billie."