Seven

Demi woke up in Billie's bed. She didn't remember even coming into the house at all lastnight.
   She turned over on her side to find Billie was still asleep. Demi looked over and grabbed her phone, checking the time before opening the unread messages from her siblings.

  Big bro🙌🏼- where are you?
Big bro🙌🏼- what did your sister tell you? Why isn't she talking to me
Big bro🙌🏼- hello?
Big bro🙌🏼- Demetria

Big sis💋- you rlly don't listen dude frl.

"What time is it?" Billie grumbled while sitting up.
"It's 10:52."
"Go get in the shower. I'm gonna give you some clothes." Billie said while getting up and going downstairs.
When Billie came back she tucked her gun into the drawer beside her bed and rummaged through her closet.
She found a pair of sweatpants and a white T-shirt and took it to the bathroom, knocking before entering.
"Want coffee?" Billie asked.
"Sure. Thank you." Demi responded through the loud sound of water hitting the shower floor.
Billie didn't reply. She just went downstairs and made some coffee but when she got there she paused.
She noticed a small white note on the counter but she ignored it until she started brewing the coffee.
She looked over once more before finally deciding to pick up the note on the countertop.

Gone to work, maybe I'll see you tonight. Might pull a double. Love you sis
-finny

Billie didn't know why the thought of the note scared her. Maybe it's because her normally text her and tell her she's leaving. Most of the time he just comes to the room and tells her.
She was pulled out of her thoughts we the coffee pot beeped, indicating that the coffee is finished brewing.
She prepared the coffee and left it on the table before going back up to retrieve Demi.
"Cmon. Coffee is done. I'll make breakfast in a bit I just gotta do something." Billie said to the girl.
     Billie went upstairs. She sat on the bed and tried calling Finneas but there was no answer. So she called again.
    And again. Until finally he answered.

What's up?

What's up? Dude why didn't you text me that you were leaving for work? Why'd you leave a note. You only leave a note when you're up to something.

Billie calm down. My phone was dead.

Alright. Gotta go now. Love you

Love you too

Billie sighed and tossed her phone on the bed before finally going back down to start on breakfast.
   "Hey. Who you on the phone with?" Billie asked and Demi placed her finger against her lips.
   Billie didn't like being told what to do.
But she did stay quiet. Until Demi hung up.
   "I was talking to cps. My sister framed me as a runaway."  She sniffled and Billie's eyes softened.
    She opened her arms and hugged Demi. Billie never hugs her like this so she knew to savor the moment.
   "Breakfast?" Billie softly asked and Demi just nodded, still holding onto her.

*Later*

"See you at school?" Billie asked while pulling up infront of the house.
"Yeah. I guess." Demi sighed. She got out of the car and walked up to the porch, debating if she should go inside.
She twisted the door handle ever so slightly and walked inside.
"Why are you here?" Ava said while standing up.
"Cuz I'm not a runaway Ava. You're a shitty person for doing that."