Chapter Twenty-One: Father-Daughter Duo

Y/n slowly awoke from Poppy and Michael talking. "D... dad?" she mumbled, the older man putting his hand on her head. "I'm here baby." He spoke. "Try not to move."

"W-whats going on?" she asked as Poppy played with her hair. "Your injuries got the best of you, I'm going to defeat CatNap and the Prototype, and we'll get out of here."

"N-no, don't hurt C-CatNap..." she mumbled as Micheal sighed. "Listen, I know you care about him but he needs to be taken care of."

"C-can we take h-him home?"

He sighed and said, "I'll think about it, but I can't promise anything."

Y/n, struggling to stay awake, mumbled a plea. "P-please save Theo..." she said before drifting off to sleep. The medication administered was making her drowsy, and she soon fell into a deep slumber.

In response to her plea, Michael sighed. "Okay," he said, "I'm gonna head to the School House and get the backup generator on." He then took a gas mask from Y/n and hopped on the elevator, determined to carry out his plan.

It was clear that the situation was dire and everyone was doing their best to keep things under control. Despite the challenges, there was a glimmer of hope that things would improve soon.

As they descended in the elevator, he turned to his companion and said, "Please keep an eye on her when she wakes up. I don't want her to do anything stupid... I don't need her dying on me." The elevator reached the bottom floor, and he stepped out onto the ground floor.

"Micheal, you need to be careful in here, you're n-" Ollie was cut off and a mysterious voice spoke over the intercoms.

"Students! Please stay in your seats during this time!"

As Michael stood frozen in his tracks, memories of that voice flooded his mind. It was Miss Delight's voice. The one that used to bring everyone comfort and joy during his work days.

Fun fact, she's not a delight.

On Y/n's side, things were going better than expected.

She woke up and managed to eat some cinnamon rolls as Poppy explained what was going on and that Micheal was at the schoolhouse.

They ended up talking about random things, Poppy continually thinking about Y/n being like her... in a way.

You see, the author skipped Micheal talking about what toy she is, one Playtime Co. was working on before Y/n getting diagnosed with fatal familial insomnia.

She's a prototype, a clockwork toy.

Here's the definition: "A wind-up toy is an automaton toy powered by a clockwork motor." — The Wiki.

After the success of the surgery Micheal got a slap on the wrist instead of getting murdered by the company.

Leith was impressed with Micheal's work and he gave him a promotion to be the head surgeon for the company... when I say gave him a promotion I mean he was forced to take the job or he'd get killed.

Y/n knew something was off about Poppy and was trying to get information out of her but the doll stayed strong, refusing to tell the girl on what she is.

Eventually Y/n gave up and stopped pestering the doll and they went on to talk about normal things such as what's going on in the world, how to brutally kill the prototype, and how flying cars won't exist in 2024.

"So... how are we gonna do this? Like, you said he's made of metal, right? So, we can't set him on fire."

"He's mostly made of metal, so we could set him on fire to weaken him."

"Anyways... I'm leaving, gotta help my dad." Y/n bounced up, feeling better... probably cause of the toy genetics. "Your dad told me to stop you from doing something stupid, so no, you're not aloud to leave." Poppy scolded Y/n who was grumpy.

"I do what I want and my dad ain't gonna survive shit by himself."

"That's cold." Poppy said, already picking up Y/n's way of talking. "I know, but he's at the school house, the Miss Delights are probably still around and probably very pissed."

Poppy sighed, giving up since Y/n could rock her shit.

"Okay... but when Micheal comes back you're the one that has to come up with an excuse."

"Fine fine, but don't worry, I'll be back." She said getting on the elevator, Poppy watched it descend slowly.

"I'll be careful, promise." Y/n smiled as Poppy faded from her line of view.

"Shit, shit, shit, shit!" Micheal yelled as Miss Delight chased him, the green batteries hidden throughout the school.

A brick landed on Miss Delight's head, a trail of blood dripping from her head as Y/n chucked another one at her.

"Leave him alone!" She yelled as she grabbed a nearby book and threw it at her. "Get the batteries and go!" She yelled running at a different direction.

Micheal didn't put up a fight and found all of them, plugging in all the batteries while Y/n ran back over to him, Miss Delight close to her.

The two ran down a hall, the toy following close behind before Micheal finding a solution, closing the gate.

Pulling the lever Miss Delight's body was slammed onto the ground, killing her instantly before Micheal looked at his daughter.

"I told Poppy to watch you, what happened?"

"She realized I could rock her shit and decided to let me do whatever especially since your ass probably died." She smiled smugly as Micheal sighed. "We're in this together." She said as she hugged him.

"Alright... stay close to me."

Notes
———

Working on like... 4 fics rn and I am eepy