Chapter Sixteen: Tired Like A Mom Of Four

The tram ride was interesting to say the least.

Walking in the doors immediately closed and Elliot Ludwig's voice came on, talking about what the world needs more of.

He asked people what it needed and there were many different responses, money, knowledge, faith, those things.

It ended up being about children and how they deserved joy in their lives and talking about the orphanage he founded, Playcare.

The tram went through this cave system, reaching a large dome, the tram going through a hole with bright red lights.

At the end of the tunnel Y/n saw her childhood home, her dream, her nightmare.

The tram came to a stop and she walked out when the doors opened, the memories came flooding back to them as they looked around.

Playcare has essentials such as a school, an orphanage known as Home Sweet Home, a play-area known as the Playhouse, and an area where orphans can talk to counselors in the Counselor's Office. Playcare's main mascots are the Smiling Critters, a group of colorful animals with giant smiles, who were popular when the company was active.

The place was not in the best shape, the normal statue in the middle of the room was rusty, one of the Smiling Critters was on the ground, broken.

It was CatNap, which BBI (bigger bodies initiative) CatNap most likely destroyed it.

Don't ask me why.

All the other statues were intact and their info boards were still there, their sound buttons there as well in which they probably still worked.

Y/n's cursed looking phone started ringing again, picking it up Y/n heard Ollie speak. "Psssst... it's me again, Ollie! Cool place right? The kids used to live here, now look at it." He spoke. "Anyways... do you see that statue in the middle of the room? Take the stairs that go under it! There's a really cool room in there that powers literally ALL of Playcare! I can give you a key down there!"

"Hold on kid, why and how do you know my name?" Y/n asked before he answered. "Oh, Charlie told me! And don't worry, Tyler is okay! He's just out cold."

"Can you get Charlie on the phone?"

"Sorry, she's busy right now... she put me on phone duty so I can help you out! I'll call you when you get to the room." He said as he hung up.

Y/n did as instructed and went toward the statue, finding the kinda rusty door, opening it caused a loud creak.

Walking down a godawful amount of stairs Y/n opened a hatch that had one of those pipes in it, a key zooming out of it on a hook before Y/n grabbed it.

"So you got the key... now the question your probably asking yourself is: where does it go? Well, head back out, and you should find a door just to the left of the cable car you took down here." He ended the call as Y/n sighed, obviously tired of this.

Y/n walked out and found the door Ollie was talking about and unlocked it with ease, Y/n being thankful she don't have to kick it open or break the lock.

She found herself in a dark hallway, wandering around until she found the door to the next room.

Y/n sighed, clearly tired and wanting to find Tyler and get out of this godawful place and head home.

Notes
———

So Uhh

I'm packing and moving stuff to my new house so I won't post much but I'll try to upload here and there.

I love you guys and it's fucking insane that this book is a little over 11.k reads and it's only been a month or two.