Chapter Nineteen: Nightmares, Round 2!

Pulling the heavy power cord, Y/n huffed and wheezed as she pulled, the cord being heavier than a sofa as she tried to deal with the pain she was feeling, pushing it back so she didn't have to worry

Y/n felt like a cartoon character carrying half her weight as she trudged downstairs, reaching the room under the statue, in hopes of plugging it in.

A pair of hands grabbed her shoulders, making her yell in fear and panic.

"Shh, it's me." a familiar voice spoke, Y/n slowly turned around to come face-to-face with her father. "Dad?" she stuttered.

"Dad! No no no no... you can't be here! You need to leave! He can't kill you!"

"CatNap or the Prototype?" he smiled softly as he wrapped his hands around her, making sure to hold on tight as she started to cry. "Come on, Poppy wants to talk to you."

Y/n didn't question anything, her dad was there with her and she was happy... for the most part, since she was definitely grounded when they got out.

They walked toward the elevator, Poppy standing in front of it as Kissy tried to comfort herself while sitting.

"There you are! I'm glad you're okay." Poppy smiled, Kissy got up from her seat and walked as fast as she could to hug Michael, her long arms wrapping around his body twice. "H-hi Kissy, I missed you too." he managed to say as the wind was taken from his lungs, Kissy stopping when she saw he was dying. (not really).

"Okay, on the elevator, I need to patch you up," Michael said picking up Y/n and walking toward the elevator, the living toys following.

"Is this necessary?" she asked him as he nodded. "Yep, you're severely injured," he said hitting the elevator button, the humans and toys going up in the air.

Michael set Y/n down, having her take off the Grabpack and her backpack, the girl flinching at the pain as he lifted the side of her shirt.

"D-dad... I'm fine I don't need any help," she said on the verge of tears. "Shit..." Michael mumbled as Poppy looked up at him. "What's wrong?" she asked worried about the girl that lay before her.

"She needs stitches... how have you gone three hours like this?" he asked as the pain was hitting her like truck-kun.

"A-adrenalin," Y/n mumbled as she grabbed her backpack and slid it toward her. "There's some stuff I-in there, T-Tyler packed it," she said as he gladly opened it, finding different drugstore medications.

Acetaminophen, Ibuprofen, Fexofenadine, Loratadine, Hydrocortisone creams,
Dextromethorphan, Pseudoephedrine, Bismuth subsalicylate, and bandages.

"Tyler d-doesn't know what t-they do." Y/n chuckled while trying not to cry. "Well I'm glad he packed Acetaminophen... and cinnamon rolls," he said pulling out a clear container with an orange cover.

"We can snack on those later, you said she needs stitches, right? There should be some needles and thread in the medical area in Home-Sweet-Home." Poppy said as she gently put her porcelain hand on Y/n's head.

"Alright, I'll look for some and I'll try to find some hydrogen peroxide too," he said as he bandaged
Y/n's wound.

He slid the Grabpack on and kissed Y/n's head, making sure the sleepy girl was okay before looking at the toy duo, "Make sure she's safe... okay?" he said as Y/n proceeded to pass out, the medicine knocking her out. "And check on her breathing, and when she wakes up have her drink some water, and get her to eat one of those sandwiches or cinnamon rolls."

"Don't worry, I'll make sure our Angel is okay, she's our last chance of saving... you know that, Michael."

"I do, this is the farthest anyone has gotten to saving you all, I was able to get you out of the case... I'm sorry I couldn't succeed, I wanted to b-"