never thought i'd meet you here

july 1793

the sun shines through the trees, creating an almost fairy-like glow on the ground as you and the king's exiled brother, yoongi, prepare for your journey together. the calm and peaceful environment is a stark contrast to what's on both your minds - killing the king.
it's an unlikely pact since you'd rather die than travel and talk to a man, and yoongi despises everything with a pulse. but for some reason, he doesn't despise you as much. he's never said it out loud of course, but you can see it in the rare moments when he drank a couple glasses too many and he looks at you with a glint of fondness in his eyes.

you slide off your hanbok of your shoulder, exposing your neck and back to yoongi as you clean yourself up as you don't know when will be the next time you have some peace and quiet to freshen up.

"are you bathing?" he exclaims in disbelief, slightly out of breath after preparing everything for the long trip.

"yes," you reply simply as you pour some water on the back of your neck. "i like feeling fresh."

he curses something under his breath, throwing the heavy bags on the ground carelessly. "why? do you think my brother won't die from me shooting him in the head if you smell like shit?"

you roll your eyes at his remark, finishing up as you pull your hanbok over your shoulders again. "i just want people to know that smell is coming from you, and not me."

yoongi's cheeks turn pink at your remark, biting the inside of his cheek as he tries to appear indifferent to your words. it isn't just embarrassment he feels, but also amusement, which bothers him even more. "just hurry up."

as you begin your trek through the forest, yoongi keeps his distance from you, both mentally and physically. it's been a long time he's been in the company of someone, much less liked it. so he keeps quiet, reminding himself why he's here. this isn't a romantic hike with a pretty girl, it's scheme to kill his brother.

"i'm starving," you suddenly say, snapping him out of his thoughts, "i think i see some berries over there!"

before he can protest, you've already disappeared behind some raspberry bushes. he follows you with a frustrated sigh before picking the fruit from the plant. you refuse to eat meat, he found out the first day you met. you almost cried when he killed a chicken to eat for dinner. at first he found it idiotic not to eat meat, especially on a deserted and barren place like this. but he can't deny he admires your strength and compassion for all living beings. 

"you won't be able to survive this trek eating just berries and nuts," he mutters as he chews the berries in his mouth, trying to mask his concern with annoyance.

"i won't eat an animal if that's what you're hinting at," you reply with a frown, "i'd rather stick a pole up your ass and roast you over a fir-"

"if you finish that sentence, i'll kill the cutest, fluffiest rabbit i can find in front of your eyes."

__________________

as the sun dips below the horizon, casting the woods into darkness, yoongi and you start to set camp tonight. while he gathers sticks and stones to make a fire, you get the soft furs from your bags to lay down in the center of the clearing.

even though your personalities clash, you work together very efficiently.

as the flames grow hotter and brighter, you place a pot of water on top, waiting for it to boil as yoongi sits next to you on the warm furs. you yawn as the effects from the long walk start to catch up with you, feeling your muscles ache and the soles of your feet throb.

too tired to even sit straight, you lean your body against yoongi's and close your eyes, trying to find some peace and calm in your troubled life.

"jesus fucking christ," yoongi groans as he pushes your head off his shoulder, "you're like a cow! how can you be this heavy when all you eat are fruits and vegetables?"

you breathe in a deep breath, closing your eyes as you try to control your temper as yoongi not only interrupted your rest, but also called you fat. "i'm not heavy," you say calmly, though your hands ball into fists, "you're just build like a twig."

he snorts at your remark, shaking his head at he takes the pot with boiling water off the fire to let it cool down. "clever."

"you know," you begin, trying to hide your embarrassment, "you're not very nice. many men would be thrilled to have such a beautiful, smart and kind woman to accompany them."

"you think you're beautiful?" he grins amused, a rare sight for both of you.

you scoff at his reaction, crossing your arms in front of your chest as you watch him pour the hot water into two cups. "don't try to downplay my beauty," you huff, pointing your finger at him, "i've seen the way you look at me."

yoongi almost drops the pot of water, hissing out a curse as the hot water burns his hand."you're delusional," he mumbles, wiping the water off his red skin.

"serves you right," you mutter before your expression turns more serious. "what you said back there, about shooting your brother in the head.."

yoongi doesn't meet your gaze as he stares into the flames of the fire. "what about it?"

"what about me?"
yoongi raises an eyebrow at your question as he finally meets your eyes. "you also want me to shoot you in the head?"

you roll your eyes at his question. this is why you avoid men like the plague. "no, stupid. i mean what about me? what is my part in killing him?"

yoongi shrugs at your words, taking a sip of the cooled down water. "i don't know. and i don't care. you can keep his head as a souvenir."

you frown at his words, letting out a scoff. "i have just as much right as you do to kill him!"

"oh really?" he asks, turning his head to you with a small smile, "what's your problem with the king anyway?"

"he beheaded my father and danced with his severed head on the balcony of his palace," you reply with a straight face.

his smile fades. "oh."

you can tell yoongi wants to say something else, and judging by his stupid grin, it's something inappropriate.

"just say it," you sigh out.

"Your father literally gave the king head."

"shut up."