Chapter Nineteen

Melione leaned back against Grym's chest and stared at the night sky. The night of the Emerald Realm wasn't as dark as the Eclipse Sanctum. While the Eclipse Sanctum had its kind of beauty, the Emerald Realm was gorgeous, even at night. She was grateful to Grym and his decision to travel at night. Melione was able to see the beauty of the Emerald Realm finally.

Grym wrapped an arm around her waist and kissed softly against her neck. "Your realm is beautiful, Grym," Melione sighed as she leaned back against his shoulder. "I can understand now how it is the richest of all the realms, in both beauty and actual wealth."

Melione felt Grym shrug his shoulders. "You get used to it the longer that you stay."

Melione felt safe as they traveled. This feeling was completely different than what she would have felt back home. She would only think about walking or riding inside any city or village in the Eclipse Sanctum. She had to take extra precautions if she had to move outside her city. She couldn't relax as she moved throughout her realm; she was too afraid of being eaten or killed.

Grym stopped his horse in a small cluster of trees and pulled her off after him. He kept a tight grip on her hand as he pulled her to the other side of the group of trees.

"Grym?" her voice questioned him as he pushed her against a tree, his hands gripping her hips. He pressed a hard kiss against her lips.

"Sorry," he breathed out as he pulled back slightly. "I just needed to touch you for a moment."

Melione wrapped her arms around his neck and pulled him back to her. His lips crashed against hers once again, tongue skimming against her bottom lip, asking for permission. She always permitted him, every single time.

Grym pulled back, taking her hands in his. "Let's go, Melione. The sun will be rising soon. There's an inn close by."

--

Melione sat down on the edge of the bed, legs crossed underneath her. They had gotten to the inn just in time as the sun rose. Grym made sure that the curtains were drawn when they reached their room. Melione's eyes continued to watch Grym as he paced back and forth in the room. The small leather calling card with his father's initials was in his hands. She could feel his rage boiling off of him. He had been pacing for half an hour, and Melione was over it.

Melione stood up and walked cautiously over Grym, placing a hand on his forearm. "Grym," she breathed his name. She gently grabbed the calling card from his hands and put it on the table. Grym turned to look at her. Melione smiled gently and placed her hands on either side of his face. "We'll stop all of this, Grym. He'll be stopped."

Grym shook his head as he placed his hands over hers. I'm struggling with believing that he could do all of this. That he would commit murder."

Melione brought him to the bed and sat him down on the edge. "Grym," Melione sighed. "Your father and mother were true mates, correct?"

Grym nodded. His hands moved to her hips as she stood in front of him.

"My mother and father were true mates," Melione continued to explain. "They used to tell me that when you find your other half, you feel all of their pain. When one dies, the other person's soul dies with them." She placed her hands on his shoulders and straddled his waist. "Your father is not the same man that he was when you knew him. When your mother died, a part of your father died with her."

Grym wrapped his arms around her waist, pulling her closer to him. He rested his forehead against her chest. "I understand what you're saying, even if it is still hard for me to come to terms with my father." He was silent again for a small moment. "I would fucking kill anyone who threatened you, Melione. I would kill anyone who hurt you in any capacity."

Melione couldn't help the rush of heat in her core at his growl. Her arms tightened around his neck. She would kill for him, she realized. He was hers to protect. "Grym," she groaned.

Grym growled against her chest. "What?"

Melione rolled her hips against him. "Fuck me," she ordered. Melione didn't understand what was wrong with her but constantly needed him. Every touch that he gave her fueled the heat that would rush to her core. She rolled her hips against him once more, feeling him harden underneath her.

Grym's hands tighten around her. "Fuck, Melione," Grym groaned. His mouth moved against her, bitting her raised nipple through her shirt. "Mine," he growled. He pushed her off of him. "Strip, Melione," he ordered her. His eyes burned her skin as she did what he told her. He groaned and shifted his hips as his eyes moved up and down her body.

Melione moved toward him, pressing her hands on his chest and pushing him back. She moved to straddle his chest. "Make me feel good, Grym."

Grym's hands gripped her hips and moved her so she was sitting over his face. "Sit down, Melione."

Melione didn't waste any time in sitting down, his tongue instantly spearing her. She threw her head back and moaned loudly as he ate her out hard. Her hands moved to grip his hair as she began to ride his face, moving her hips back and forth. "Fuck, Grym," she moaned. "More!"

Grym flipped them over so she was lying on her back, his head still in between her legs. He began to suck on her clit as he shoved two fingers into her, all the way to his knuckle.

"Damn, Grym," she cried out. Her hips bucked against his face as she felt her skin burn up with her need. "Grym, I-" She wasn't able to warn him fast enough before she exploded against his mouth. He continued to lap at her until she came down from her high.

Grym licked his lips as he crawled up her body. He placed a hard kiss on her lips. "You fucking drive me crazy, Melione."