Chapter Fifteen 🌶️

Melione stood in the center of Grym's room as he moved around, trying to find something to cover Melione as they moved through his realm. Her eyes followed him as he moved through the room. She couldn't help but feel the pull once again to him. Her hand moved to her chest, over her heart. She felt as if her heart was calling for him. "Grym," she breathed out. Her mind continued to remind her that all of this was wrong. What they were doing was wrong, but her heart told her the opposite. She was starting to believe that maybe he was her other half. She prayed to whoever was listening to her that they wouldn't be separated once this investigation ended. Melione didn't know what to do if they were forced apart.

Grym's head snapped over to her. His eyes searched her face as if he could hear everything she was thinking. A small smile flitted across his lips as he moved to her. A large, long cloak was held in his hand. "I think this will help you," he told her as he handed her the cover.

Melione returned his smile as she took the cloak and wrapped it around her shoulders. It covered every inch of her skin and body. Its large hood covered her eyes. "Thank you," she nodded. "I don't want to have another episode."

"Neither do I," Grym responded as he took her hand, leading her out of the door and to the stables, where his horse was already waiting for them.

--

The sun was setting by the time they stopped and set up camp. Melione sat before the small fire she had started, the cloak still covering her skin. She didn't trust the sun as long as it was still in the sky. The cloak will come off once the sun sets and the sky is dark.

Grym moved to sit next to her. "I think I need to go hunting."

Melione looked at him from underneath her cloak's hood. "Did you forget food?"

Grym looked at the fire and shrugged. "Maybe." He stood up and brushed the dirt from his pants. "Do you want to come with me?"

Melione nodded as she took his hand. She followed him into the small forest and stopped as they came into a clearing. Melione's body stilled as she took in the sight before her. A small waterfall poured into a pond, the setting sun making the water turn orange in color. She couldn't look at the water for long as her eyes started to burn slightly at the sun's reflection. She heard Gryms bow being pulled and the arrow being released. An animal squeal of death filled the air, followed by a thud.

Melione looked up as she felt Grym leave her side. A red-tailed deer was lying on the ground, blood pooling from its wound. She watched as Grym knelt beside the deer, touched its fur, and bowed his head. After a moment, he picked up the deer and threw it over his shoulder. "Come on," he motioned for her to follow him. "Let's head back."

--

They sat around the fire and ate the cooked deer in silence. The sun had finally set, allowing her to remove the cloak from her shoulders. She couldn't help herself as she snuck glances at Grym. He had been unusually quiet since they left his house. She could feel his mind running around, but he refused to speak.

Eventually, Melione got tired of the quietness between them. She wasn't used to Grym being this quiet and was beginning to worry about him. She turned to him and crossed her legs underneath her. "Are you okay, Grym?"

Grym shrugged in his response.

Melione moved closer to him. "Grym. Talk to me." Her heart needed to help him. Whatever was bothering him was now her problem. She felt it deep in her soul.

Grym shook his head and glanced over at her. "I'm just thinking," he responded.

"Grym-" she started but was quickly interrupted by him kissing her. His arms wrapped possessively around her as he moved her to the ground. She didn't want him to stop and decided not to push him further. Melione melted into his kiss, letting him move her body however he wanted. She didn't care about dominating at this moment or any moment. He knew exactly what her body needed every time, and she trusted him wholeheartedly with everything he did.

Grym's mouth moved over her chin and down to her throat. "I'm just thinking, Melione. I'm just thinking." His teeth scraped over the sensitive part of her skin, eliciting a gasp from her mouth.

Melione pulled against his shirt, wanting it off, needing it off. Her hips bucked against him, feeling him hard against her already. He needed her as a distraction right now, and who was she to deny him? A low moan fell out of her mouth as he pushed underneath her shirt and exposed her breasts. His head moved down and sucked on her breasts, taking her nipple into his mouth and sucking hard. His other hand pinched and twisted her other nipple. "Fuck, Grym," she moaned loudly as her hands tangled in his hair.

"You're all mine, Melione," Grym growled against her skin. "Say it."

"What?" she breathed out.

Grym picked his head up. He pushed her pants off her body before taking his off. He lined himself up to her entrance and pushed the tip in. "Say that you're mine," he growled again, staring deep into her eyes.

Her body shivered as she caught his hungry and possessive look. "Grym-" she started. She gasped as she felt him push an inch further into her before pulling out. "You and I know they will try to separate us once this is over."

Grym shook his head. "That's not going to happen."

"Grym-"

Grym pushed inside of her suddenly, causing her to cry out and grab onto his shoulders. "Melione," he growled. "I'm not letting you go. You. Are. Mine." His thrusts became more brutal with each word. "Say it."

"Grym," she moaned as she arched into him.

"No," he shook his head. "Say that you're mine."

Melione cried out his name as ripples of pleasure flowed through her body. "Fuck, Grym! I'm yours!" She wrapped her arms around his neck as she felt him close. She opened her eyes and connected with him. "Don't let them take me from you, Grym. I'm yours."

Grym rewarded her with a hard kiss. His thrusts became more erratic as he finished his release. "You're mine, Melione."