Chapter-39

*Disclaimer*

I have never been to any airport so I am not exactly sure how it works there. I have researched and mentioned the details as accurately as possible. Hence I truly apologize for any wrong information mentioned relating to that.

Enjoy your read..!

Lia's POV

Dad was rushing in and out my room to carry the luggage over to his car while mom was helping me pack the last minute stuffs as I was rushing around to pick things up t give mom to pack it.

Within next ten minutes everything was arranged in the cab and mom was locking the door.  

"Pull up the car dad, I'll go meet Amy and come." I said already running towards the building next to ours not hearing dad calling out to me saying it was still early in the morning and she will still be asleep. However that would no matter to me anyway, just seeing her baby face and kissing her bread cheeks would be enough for me.

"She is still asleep Lia. " Uncle said as soon as he opened the door but I dashed past him saying "I just want to see her uncle!." and heard him laugh after me.

Entering the room quietly I saw little Amy drowned between all sorts of dolls that I had put around her last night to calm her down after all the crying.

I sighed softly nearing her bed to stare at her sleeping peacefully hugging a unicorn plushie.

Thinking how she kept on crying that she would miss me and wanted to come along with me to meet her darling made me pout as I promised myself to make them both meet soon and also keep in constant touch every day no matter what.

Placing a soft kiss on her cheek and forehead and I whispered  "I love you Amy. Li will come soon, please be safe."

Looking at her for one last time, I left the room.

"Take care of yourself uncle. Eat well and sleep well. Don't be drowned in your office work. Take her to bubble tea shop every other week and don't forget to take her for evening weeks every other day. She has her friends waiting for her there and she would be disappointed to not meet them. Also-" 

Uncle gently shook my shoulders to stop me from rambling as I looked at him sheepishly "We will be fine Lia. You take care of yourself and tell Leona that we asked after her. Go happily and come back safely. We will be waiting for you. Don't be worried about us.  Amy will be fine."

I let out a deep breath nodding at his words as I bid my farewell before giving a warm, tight hug and exiting the home. 

I swiftly got into the car as dad started driving. Joseph uncle was more like a family now so it did not feel wrong telling him where I was going and for how long, that's when I got to know Amy had already gushed about Leona to him long  time ago. That little girl was a loose mouthed jelly, I laughed at my thought. 

"Did you stare at the sleeping beauty well enough?" I giggled hitting my dad on his arm from behind as he laughed pulling a laugh from mom as well.   

"She obviously did Ad." I whined hearing mom saying that as they both just doubled over their laugh.

I simply sat staring at them both laughing and cracking jokes with each other. 

Suddenly I was hit with such a overwhelming feeling which made me blurt out "I love you guys. I am really grateful that everything between you both seems to be working out."

A moment of silence followed that sentence as dad pulled the car by the road side.

"We love you Lia." They said in unison as they both reached out to hold my hand which I already had extended towards them.