Chapter-16

The chilly wind of the cold october month covered the brunette's face with a mild pinkish blush who was as usual claded in all black. The girl struggled to fix the side bag on her left shoulder and tug the overcoat close to her body,ofcourse it was also black if it is not obvious already while trying to hold the umbrella upright in the other hand,shielding her from the early morning drizzle. Too soon in the morning to be multitasking if you ask her.

Long steps strided down the street,came to a stop in front of a modern exterior combined with a vintage interior cafe situated just a few blocks away from the University of Edinburgh.

Lia rushed inside the shop,hanging the umbrella on a stand by the entrance. Flashing a light smile to the people at the counter, she turned around searching the cozy area for a certain black head with striking gray eyes.

Catching the said person waving his hand to grab her attention, she quickly made her way to the table.

"Hey! Sorry for being late by few minutes." Saying that she settled on the chair opposite to her company.

"It's okay. But dare to be late again, am drenching you in a bucket of ice cold water." The younger boy warned with a playful smile.

"Oh my god! Please don't do it. I will not be late again." Lia exaggerated to make it as fake as possible for which she earned a light hearted, airy giggle.

"Let's order. I am starving." The green eyed boy call for waiter following that statement.

"I never knew you would be this way the first time I met you in the university more like got startled to death by you." She quoted remembering the mentioned moment since a month ago.

Chris just threw a sloppy smile towards her saying "You do not have to know anything at all. It's your bestie who should know about me anyway."

He pretended to not feel the glare that is drilling his face as he focused on the menu, giving the order to the waitress who had arrived just a moment ago before urging the glaring girl to pick her order.

"So now that is out of the way. Let's get to the important talk that has been due for weeks." Right after the sentence was made, a hit on the arm was granted,so generously;for his indifferent behavior.

"I am now rethinking my decision of accepting to help you. Perhaps I should get my order, make you pay the bill and just leave." Lia spoke in a bored manner looking at her polished nails which she maintained on her own at home to save cash for an important thing which will need a decent amount of pennies in the bag.

"You wouldn't. Right? " Chris smiled nervously.

"Oh! I would. "

"Stop it... " To see a well-built boy whining like that was sure a sight for Lia. It boosted her confidence and ego in a way that she was incharge in this situation.

"I was kidding kid." Lia chuckled seeing the other sigh in relief and mumbling with a pout under his breath 'I am not a kid.' She could not believe the other really thought she was serious, either he was too dumb to not notice or too much in love to lose a chance at his happily ever after. She hoped it was the second one, that way it would just show how immersed the boy was into her best friend.

"So,you said you could not get a chance to ask him out, right? Can you say more about it? The weekly once chats which were like just a handful and that lasted for only few minutes are not really enough to understand where you are coming from and what I can do about this situation, you know. Also, let's not forget all those conversations were only about making plans to meet up and cancelling it for one or the other reason."  They both chuckled at the last sentence before she let the other to speak.