Chapter Ten: Sacrifice

The tall machine is about to strike at Rori with arms' lazer blades to trying to slice her wings, but her wings has blocked the attack then her stainglass bat-like wings ended up turning into bird-like wings that resembles a hummingbird but filled with multi-color feathers are like blades that are razor sharp.

Then Rori dropped off Kass on the back on the bulky machine to trying to figure the way to disable it, while she's distracting the tall one by carrying it into the sky with her talons.

The tall machine tries to slash at Rori with it's arms' weapons but she dodged each time using her bladed wings as shield. She begins to shriek whenit starts to kicks at Rori in her healing wound, trying to reach her with its arms' weapons when she's trying to dropped it in sky high. She loses balance then her tail starts to twitch then she's starting to falling.

Meanwhile, Kass is on the bulky machine's back and he was looking for an opening. The bulky machine has turned its head towards at Kass and ended up firing at Kass.

He quickly dives down into the ground and roll away while taking cover then hid behind a pinetree. Suddenly he has heard someone's voice who stood behind him.

"Hello, cousin," the voice said behind him. Kass is in shocked and It will reveal be to Greyson. He walked few inches away from his cousin.

"Gray, why do you want to kill me?," Kass asked in a gaspy voice. "Are you behind this?"

Then Grayson punched him in the face then he says, "That's for insulting my dearest Narcissa and my future brother. Lucky, her brother Zacharas is getting back at the precious lizard girlfriend of yours with that he's inside the machine of his."

As for the tall one, Rori has managed to get it in a place that is close enough to drop it and she immediately started flying towards it but before she lands it's laser blade cut her wing. She cried in pain and drops it on the ground, unable to move it.

" I guess you are a weakling after all, " Grayson said in a sinister voice. And then he pulled Kass by the hair to let Kass to watch Rori's fighting for her life.

"Please, stop!!! Please, stop!!!," Kass cried on his knees and begged for Rori's life.

  When Grayson let go Kass's hair, Grayson shouted to the bulky machine, "Hey Rustiel, he is over here!!! The one had hurted your sister. Shoot damn bastard!!!"

   Then it fired a laser beam at the ground to shoot the ground. Kass didn't move out of time because the laser beam hits him and burns his skin badly. His clothes is burning, his flesh is bleeding.
He tried his best to hide himself by putting his hand over it but now that he is getting injured, he can't hide it anymore.

  The laser blade had pierced through his finger. He scream out loudly then he began to bleed to death.

  Grayson just laughed and said, "That's a good shot, Rustiel. Now, go help me finish him off."
And then he looked at Kass who's bleeding on the ground.

  Kass's heart sank and felt a deep rage and sadness.

  When she had fallen flat, she couldn't move anymore. The giant machine begin to shoot it's laser blades and Rori is barely able to evade each time. Her right wing is hurt badly as she began to crawl away from the machine.

  When the bulky machine is about to fire one last shot to execute Kass, Rori has jumped in to save Kass. Then they are all flying high in the air, while holding each other tightly. Rori is protecting him from the shots. But one more laser blade have grazed her body and cut her arm. Blood oozed from her arm, her shoulder, and her breast.

  The machine had fired again. This time Rori manages to dodge it. Then Rori ended up escaping with Kass's burnt body. They had disappeared into the waterfall.