Chapter Nine: Ambushed

Before they made a quick land, they clashed into couple of pinetrees' branches,because Rori was too weak to fly to due her injury from one of the Minervanian drones.

They landed near a waterfall at the end of that cliff. The two were sitting near the edge waiting for the wound to stop bleeding or else their bodies would get killed. Kass and Rori is sitting still and they are talking.

Kass is checking any of his clothing if there's any dragon's blood on them, because he knows for sure that Rori's dragon blood is harmless to human but he knows that it can crystallize him that which is contains dragonessenses.

"Rori!!! Rori, please tell me you are alright!!! " he screamed when he looked at his injuried dragon friend. He takes off his jacket and took off then he begins to tear his white tunic into strips. Then he putted back on his gloves and wrapped her body.

"Kass, I am not deaf!!!," she mindspeaked. "I am fine, but I just need freaking meat to heal my damn wound!!!"

"Your wound is deep," Kass said.

"Maybe I will munch on fishes in the stream or find an elk to get fully healed ," Rory replied. Dragon folks does need fresh meat in to order to survive, because their bodies aren't made of flesh and they mostly made out of stones. They need to feed off on livestock for their lifeforces to keep them motivated.

"I'm going to go check the stream and see if I can find some fish and a water source for you," Kass said. He stood up and look at Rori again. "Don't move!!" He left and went down.

He came back a few minutes later. He brought a couple of big fishes and some leaves. He sat next to her as she sits facing him.

"Here, this will help with healing your wounds," Kass said as he gave her the fishes.

Rory takes it from him and then eats it whole.

Kass couldn't take her silence anymore. "I will go to find that cave while you are eating," Kass said. I will be right, okay?"

Once he reached the bottom, he sees the river flowing fast under it. There's a small waterfall on the other side of the waterfall so he decided to check out the source of the river. He finds it to be a waterfall that flows down towards the river. He went down further and saw a rock cave at the bottom of the cliff.

After Rory had finished her meal, she entered the cave among aside with Kass. She lopped down on her hindlegs in the sitting like a cat with her wings are folded. She asks to Kass, "Kass, Are you hungry?"

"I already ate dinner," Kass replied.

"That was six hours ago," Rori said. "I will get you something."

"No, I will wait until you will heal," said Kass. He took out a jar of "gold" (that he made few days ago) out of his bag then shown it to Rori. "Besides, I can pay food and clothes with these if I will find a local village near by."

"Kass, you gotta be kidding? That 'gold' looks much faker than my cousin Pytor's pynite scales," Rori said. She curled her body around him and she layed her head down.

"Well, They are much better than actually 'fool's gold'," he replied.

" Kass, do you haven't try hunting for your own food?," asked Rori, when she lifted up her gecko head.

"Rori, I am not a fan of killing innocent animals," answered Kass.

"You have to hunt in order to survive, Kass, or you will starve," she said. " I think if you eat a deer, you won't starve."

"That is not a problem," he answered. " But what about if I have to kill people, or maybe even the dragons."

"You have to fight sometimes," Rori said. "You have to become to be stronger to be king to stick those Narcissa and her crazy Minervanian family."

"Gray were right that I am too weak to fit to be king, " said Kass, he frowned. "I wish I could become stronger, quicker and fly in the sky as a dragon like you guys."

" Kass, Don't you say that, " Rori cheered up. "I have known you are one very smart kid since we were little. Maybe you won't need strength, because I think your knowledge could become handy to outsmart those enemies someday."

"I will sleep on it," he yawned. "Rori, You need to get some rest, too."

She yawns in tiredness and laid herself on him again.

"Now let's sleep and tomorrow, you will have to take care of your wounds."

She fell asleep. And he felt her breathing slowing down. After a while, she falls asleep. Kass stays awake watching her.

She looks beautiful when she is sleeping. He thought.

Then he gets sleepy and fall asleep with her laying down on his body.

Kass put his hand on her snout. He caresses it then she closes her eyes. After that they both slept deeply.

*****************

They had slept all all day until it had reached nighttime.

A beeping noise that's coming from Rori's collar when the gem has lit up in the center. It woke up Kass.

Suddenly they has heard a thumping noise that's coming out of the woods.

"Dammit!!! They has might followed us, " Rori exclaimed. "I wish we should destroy this stupid collar after I got injured." She got up with her four legs.

"I believe it has some kind of tracking device on it," Kass replied when he examined the collar around her neck. He grabbed a huge chunk of rock with his gloved hands. "Hold still," Kass said.

She nodded when she begins to sat up as a cat.

He held a rock in the high and swing it to hit the gemstone in the center of Rori's collar to scatter the gemstone. He keeps on hitting it until the gemstone is cracked until the collar has broken into pieces. This has able to freed Rori and she can shift into her raven-haired human form.

But there's a blue light had came into the cave, Kass putted on a white tunic and gives an extra one to Rori. He has ahead to takes a look.

It has appears to be two Minervanian machines came out of tree and had destroyed all the pinetrees. One of the machines is a taller than the other and looks close to a giant humanoid with long, stick limps, there's two blue electric lazer blades are coming out of its mechanical arms. The other one is bulky and it has appears like Ogre-like. The bulky one have caterpillar wheels for legs and cannons as for arms.

Kass has panicked and he went in the cave to warn Rori, who's in her human form and wearing his tunic.

"How many are there?," she asked in her human voice.

"Rori, there's two of them," He said.

Rori walked ahead and toward the cave then she says, "Let me take care of them."

"Rori, Are you insane?," Kass said with a worrying look. "You can't fight because of your injury."

"You don't have to make me," Rori replied when she turned to Kass. "It's my duty to protect you, Kass."

"Maybe I will help," Kass said then he putted on his brown leather jacket. "I am thinking I will find the way to disable those machines."

They begins to kissing each others, then Rori took off her tunic and she reverts into her dragon form.

She tells Kass in mindspeaked, "Kass, get on!!!"

He begins to smiled then get on her back.

They flew out of the cave when Rori is flapping her wings.

They charged at the two Minervanaian machines when the two machines was about to charge back at them.