Liam almost dropped his book. The source of the shadows were thick snowflakes floating silently past the glass. During the time he had spent wondering what the shadows were, a thin blanket of snow covered the field and the trees beyond.

Liam's first reaction was to wake Zayn who was in the same position he had fallen asleep in. His head had fallen between his and Liam's pillows and his arm was sprawled over Liam's side of the bed.

Liam was so buzzed about the snow that he couldn't not wake him.

"Zayn!" he hissed. The werewolf didn't stir. "Zayn!" Liam had to jump off the windowsill and climb over the bed.

He prodded Zayn in the shoulder until he woke so suddenly, Liam flinched when his head shot up, worried they'd clash foreheads.

"What? Intruder?" Zayn mumbled with eyes half open.

"No," Liam chuckled. "It's snowing!"

Zayn's sleepy eyes flicked to the window before he dropped his head back onto the mattress. He didn't go back to sleep. He couldn't with Liam's excitement bouncing around the room.

"Snowing a lot?" he mumbled.

Liam was back at the window. "Yeah, it's laying!"

Zayn internally sighed and stretched. He switched on the lamp, eyeing the book by Liam's feet and the mug left on the windowsill. He didn't have to ask why Liam was up so late. His body ached to go back to sleep, but his heart wanted to share the
excitement, even if he didn't think ice falling from the sky was something to fret over.

"Are you going out in it?"

"Now?"

Zayn nodded, swinging his legs over the side of the bed. "Why not? It might be a freak storm and never snow again. Best to not miss it."

Liam wasted no time. He shoved on some black joggers, two hoodies and his yellow puffer jacket, fluffy socks, yellow wellington boots, a hat, scarf and gloves.

Zayn only shoved on some shoes and a black jacket, but Liam persuaded him to at least wear long trousers.

Liam was hot by the time they reached the main exit on the ground floor. His cheeks were rosy, and his brown eyes were bright. He grinned when the snow crunched under his feet.

They played around for a while, throwing snowballs at each other and making a small snowman by the entrance. While Liam made a ball for the snowman's head, Zayn's eyes wandered towards the trees beyond the fence, then to the lights from Ethdellin Town.

"It snowed this date two years ago."

Liam stopped and followed his gaze to the distant town. "Is it the day we connected the bond or the day you started stalking me?"

Zayn threw a snowball at his chest. "It's the day we went to Ethdellin Hill."

Liam wiped the snow from his coat. "And the first time we kissed"

"And the first time I watched you fall on your face in the snow."

Liam laughed. "The first of many falls."

Zayn looked to the moon, then to the watch on his wrist, then to Liam making a smiley face in the snow with his foot. "Let's go."

When Liam looked up, they shared the same twinkle of impulsiveness. "To the hill?"

Zayn nodded. "I'll change to my wolf and keep you warm."

Liam grinned wide, deepening his dimples. Zayn shifted to his big wolf with red glowing eyes. Liam jogged with him to the gate and eagerly bounced on his feet, waiting for the gate to open. He used to feel anxious about the world beyond the fence.

Now Liam couldn't wait to be free and Zayn felt the same. He climbed on the wolf's back and wrapped arms around his fury neck. Zayn was hot underneath him, but the bitter wind soon whipped Liam's skin when Zayn jogged through the snow.

Heavy flakes brushed his cheeks and threatened to get in his eyes, so Liam closed them, listening to Zayn's heavy breathing and his large paws indenting the snow.

They reached the hill in no time. Liam held on tighter when Zayn slowed down to climb. He was always careful and dug his claws into the frozen mud.

The trees dispersed when the slope levelled out. Liam climbed off Zayn's back and the wolf stretched.

Liam brushed snow from the bench and sat down. Memories of their first date filled his head, warmed his heart, and widened his smile. Two years on, he sat in the same spot, in front of the same now covered woods with Ethdellin Town glowing below.

Zayn had shifted back to his human form and sat next to Liam. His arms wrapped around his mate, pulling him onto his lap.

Liam turned away from the familiar woods, the familiar town, and the familiar setting to stare into those intense hazel eyes. This time to years ago, Zayn had only been an exciting idea. Their first kiss whispered potential. Liam never thought he would be back in the same spot with the same man after two years of living together.

Zayn had brought both destruction and wonder into his boring mundane life. Liam was grateful for the life he now lived, despite all the hardship in between.

"I love you," he whispered as soft snowflakes landed on Zayn's dark hair.

"I love you more," he whispered back, kissing the tip of Liam's red icy nose. He hugged some heat into him and kissed his cold lips to warm them up too.

Zayn's life had changed along with his mates. He was a cracked version of himself two years ago, a tainted version of himself who clung to Liam because he was the only light in his dark world.

Now Zayn clung to Liam because he made his life a magical place to be.

Liam not only made him happy, but he made him excited for new days, he made Zayn nicer, he made Zayn a better man.

"Why don't we have a day in the town when the sun comes up," he suggested.

"In Ethdellin Town?"

Zayn nodded. "It's our town now. We can do what we like, and the locals can't say a thing."

Liam chuckled and buried his head into Zayn's shoulder, playing with his warm fingers.

They watched the same stars, the same moon, and the same snowflakes until the sun blessed the horizon.

Zayn and Liam were ready for a new day, they were prepared for the rest of their lives together; the optimistic human and the pessimistic werewolf.

"𝙸 𝚠𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚊 𝚋𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝙰-𝚝𝚎𝚊𝚖"
"𝙸 𝚠𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚊 𝚋𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚎𝚗𝚍𝚐𝚊𝚖𝚎"

𝑾𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒂 𝒏𝒖𝒎𝒃𝒆𝒓 𝒐𝒇 148 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓𝒔 𝒘𝒆 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒆𝒏𝒅 𝒐𝒇  "𝚃𝚆𝙸𝚂𝚃𝙴𝙳 𝙵𝙰𝚃𝙴"

𝑻𝒉𝒂𝒏𝒌 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒈𝒊𝒗𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒂 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒏𝒄𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒔𝒕𝒐𝒓𝒚, 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒈𝒊𝒗𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑴𝑬 𝒂 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒏𝒄𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒆𝒓𝒕𝒂𝒊𝒏 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒔𝒕𝒐𝒓𝒚, 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒚𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒅𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒔𝒖𝒑𝒑𝒐𝒓𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈.

𝑺𝒂𝒚 𝒈𝒐𝒐𝒅𝒃𝒚𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝑩𝒂𝒆𝒍𝒂, 𝑳𝒚𝒏𝒙, 𝑩𝒆𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒏, 𝑺𝒐𝒍𝒂𝒏𝒂

𝑻𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒊𝒔 𝒎𝒆 𝒔𝒊𝒈𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒐𝒇𝒇 𝒇𝒓𝒐𝒎 𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆. 𝑰'𝒍𝒍 𝒔𝒆𝒆 𝒚'𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒊𝒏 "𝐓𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐩𝐞"