1.20𓆩ᥫ᭡𓆪

A.N- if anyone is confused with how to picture Ziam here then, its 2011-12 Liam and 2016-17 Zayn.

Since its said that Li is shorter than Z -this is a FF not irl so don't come at me saying "Liam is taller than Zayn then how can he be shorter than Zayn". Blah blah blah- so I think it would be perfect. I am not being rude or anything but if it came out rude then I apologise.

When Liam's shift was done, and he walked side by side with Zayn, questions circled Liam's head over and over.

"Why do you use wolf terminology?" he asked.

Zayn glanced down with a cocked brow. "Wolf terminology?"

"Yeah, I-like how Baela calls you Alpha."

"Why do you think we use it?"

Liam chuckled and shook his head. They stopped walking through the woods. The path descending into darkness, surrounded by distorted trees, didn't seem so creepy in the snow. "You always do that."

"Do what?"

"Answer a question with a question." Liam fidgeted with the ends of his coat sleeves. "I- I know you have secrets that you're, um, scared I won't like. But- Zayn, I'm so curious."

"You know what curiosity did to the cat?" Zayn asked and thought, the wolves ate it.

Liam smiled. "I'm not a cat."

"Oh, really?"

"See" Liam laughed. "Y-You're too good at changing the subject."

Zayn tried to think tactfully. If he told Liam about him being a werewolf, but not about them being mates, Liam might not be so freaked out. Though Baela was right, Liam had to get used to seeing his wolf.

He decided to walk with Liam for an hour more before making up an excuse about having to go back to the institute. Zayn walked Liam to his garden, a little reluctant to leave him.

"I might sit out here" Liam said, looking to a tree stump a few metres away.

"Not ready to face your aunt?" Zayn asked. His tone laced with a hardness.

"Or my uncle," Liam mumbled. Zayn frowned, and Liam felt like he had overshared. "Um, w-when will I next see you?"

"Soon." Zayn looked over the garden fence at the family sitting around the kitchen table. "I'll text you when I'm next free."

"Okay."

They stood awkwardly, not knowing whether they should hug or kiss goodbye or just walk their separate ways.

Liam really wanted to kiss Zayn again, but he was nervous, and he certainly wouldn't be the one to make the first move. "S-So, uh, I hope the emergency at the institute i-isn't too bad," Liam said as Zayn stepped closer.

"Nothing I can't handle." Zayn's intense eyes glued to Liam's lips. When he stepped closer again, Liam didn't move back, and the gap between them eventually closed.

Zayn towered over him. Liam had to look up to meet his eyes. Zayn, softly with his finger, brushed Liam's dark hair from his brow.

Liam felt Zayn's large hands heavy on his shoulders. He knew he must have looked like a startled boy, but Zayn still crouched to connect their lips.

Once again, they were kissing in the snow. Liam pressed to Zayn's warm body, their hands rested on each other, and their lips moved in sync.

The world could have crumbled away, and the boys wouldn't have noticed. A kiss was like plummeting to a different world, a different time, a different life.