Chapter 13 - "Braids"

TW: None! Shorter Chapter this time, kind of just a filler.

That morning, you woke up to the sound of Tubbo trying to get down the stairs. His fuzzy little ears drooped as he stepped down each stair.

Feeling obligated to help him, you ran over, getting off the couch- And Techno's sleeping body- to help Toby down.

Upon your hand being reached out to him, Tubbo grabbed your hand gratefully and smiled painfully. "Do you have any food?" He asked, avoiding eye contact.

You nodded and lead him to the kitchen area, and popped some potatoes in the oven, lighting it up. Tubbo watched as the fire ceased after a few minutes, and you pulled out some baked potatoes.

He eagerly grabbed one of them and ate it, before grabbing about two more and choking them down.

I looked down and saw his wound was healing gradually as he ate, the stitches that Techno had redone dissolving and being replaced with scarred flesh.

Minecraft logic, I suppose.

He heaved a sigh of relief after he finished eating, and then he smiled gratefully. He calmed down and looked up at you with a thankful nod.

You nod back.

"No problem, T." You say in a goofy tone, and he let out a small laugh. "Is Tommy okay?" He asked in a soft tone, and you nodded.

"He's okay. A little shaken up still, I'm sure." You inform him, and he nods. "Can I go over? I mean-"

With a nod and a smile, you nudge his shoulder slightly. "If you wake up Techno. I don't wanna leave him here or anything."

Toby nods and anxiously walks over to Techno on the couch, who is sleeping with his arms crossed over his chest. He hesitantly extends a hand and pokes Techno's cheek.

Techno's eyes twitch with annoyance, and he groans. "For the love of Hades, five more minutes." He said, his voice gravelly with sleep as he covered his eyes with a pale bandaged arm.

Tubbo let out a noise of discomfort.

"Techno- I really want to go see Tommy, can you please wake up?" He asked politely, giving Techno another nudge.

Techno's eyes opened- bright and vibrant ruby red eyes that glowed slightly in the morning light that seeped through the windows.

He sat up and You had to hold yourself from laughing.

He had a major bed head.

His braid was all messed up, and random bits of hair had fallen out and were falling over his face and elven ears.

He inhaled through his nose and exhaled through his mouth. "You're lucky I got eight hours Toby."

Tubbo snorted and tried to hold back a smile as Techno grabbed the end of his braid and pulled out the small tie that held it in place.

Cotton candy locks fell from it immediately, slightly curled from the braid, but other than that, soft and clean. He ran his fingers through the soft silk, before he looked over to you and held up the hair tie, looking away a little bit.

You sat and stared for a second, before it was like a smack to the face. He was asking for help to braid his hair.

You looked to Tubbo. "Can you give me a minute to help him?" You whispered.

Tubbo snickered and gave you a thumbs-up, and you gave him a look.

"I'm still older than you. I have authority here."

Tubbo shrank and covered his grin with his hand. "Sorry."

You rolled your eyes as Techno stood with his hand still outstretched, the hair tie on the tip of one of his fingers.

Walking over, you took the hair tie and sat down. He avoided eye contact and turned around.

The tip of his tail swished as you slid your hands into his long hair and eased some tangles he didn't get out. He looked like his whole body had relaxed when you did this.

You began to braid it to the best of your ability- which was actually pretty good. Your fingers weaved and pushed until you reached the ends of his hair, tying them off into the loose braid he usually wore.

You slid away a little bit, and he reached up, pulling the braid over his shoulder to look at it. He nodded.

Your eyes widened.

His face was flushed. You weren't able to tell if it was from embarrassment of needing help, or from the touch and the hair pulling. You shrugged it off and made the tint of red on your cheeks get pushed to the back of my mind.

You stood up, Techno following suit. He whipped the braid back over his shoulder.

.
.
.

Within about 30-ish minutes, you were there at Tommy's little hole-in-a-wall house. The smell of baking chicken can be sensed from the outside. Weaving through the random daisies planted in the grass carefully, your peace was broken quickly by Tubbo dashing to the door and bursting inside.

Techno looked at me and you looked back, throwing him a shrug. He shrugged back.

The two of you walked into the house, just to be Met with Tommy on the ground, and Toby over him. Tommy holding Toby tightly with his arms wrapped around him.

They were arguing audibly over 'Tommy being a dumbass and getting blown up'

Tommy bonked Tubbo on the head, and Tubbo winced. "Rude." Tubbo uttered.

Techno looked over to Phil, who was making potatoes in the smoker.

He walked over to Phil and he looked at the piglin hybrid.

"Your braid looks nice." He complimented, and Techno smiled oddly. "Thanks, uh, Phil..."

Phil nudged him softly. "Finally find a way to fix it up without it being lopsided?" He joked.

Techno shook his head. "I- had help. Y/n helped me." He said, rubbing the back of his neck. Phil nodded in understanding. A knock sounded at the door then. Tommy got up to open it.

Ranboo?

Tommy groaned and laughed afterwards. "Why must there be so many bitches in my fucking house?"

"Call it a house if that makes you feel better, Tommy." You said, and he whipped around to look at you. You covered your mouth and smirked.

Oh, today was certainly going to be fun.

~ ~ ~

{982 Words}

Sorry this one was posted a little later! I didn't finish writing it until about mid day. Sorry for the wait everyone!~