Chapter 11 - "Broken Wings"

[TW!: Gore, Angst, Blood, Cursing]
{Coverart by Mangosharkz on Twitter)

A short chapter! Sorry, my friends. I have horrid writer's block atm. It's starting to die down, though!. :)

You arched your back, taking in a deep breath as you laughed your ass off. 

Dream was on the floor.

Pretending to be Patches.
.

.

.

Your laugh forced itself out harder, into your family-famous wheeze, as you saw Dream on all-fours staring up at you with his green eyes and making horribly-imitated meows.

"Dream! HAHAA! Dr-DrEAM- What ate you dOING-" You snorted as he pretended to cough up a hairball.

He eventually couldn't take anymore of his own joke, as he started laughing hard when he was heaving.

You rolled your eyes as you both laughed...before you heard yelling outside.

Both you and dream stopped laughing as you turned to each other, both of your stomachs dropping. Anxiety creeped up inside of you and began to claw at your heart. Dream got up swiftly and you both ran to the door.

Techno, Phil, Tommy, and Tubbo were outside, screaming at a giant crowd of mobs that tried to near the still-injured Tubbo. Tubbo looked to have disrupted his wounds' stitches, and the mobs smelled his freshly oozing blood.

Without a second thought, you grabbed your sword and launched out of the house, shutting the door behind you.

You heard arrows whizz past your head, almost embedding in your skull, as you dove in front of them with a shield as soon as Phil was about to get hit.

Phil sighed with relief as you gripped the hilt of your sword protectively.

"Everyone stand your ground!" You command, and everyone nods. Your whole group begins to fend off skeletons, spiders, and zombies, Phil stabbing any zombie he could possibly see. ESPECIALLY the little ones, for obvious reasons.

Techno let out a grunt as a spider jumped and clung onto him, as he dug his blade deep into it, making the spider fall off of him, dead.

Tommy was slashing aimlessly at skeletons, yelling with frustration at them.

Yet, things started to get worse, as more mobs flowed around them, once catching sight or smell of them, and it soon became overwhelming.

"Run! I'll hold them off! Get your asses out of here!" You shouted at them, and Phil grabbed Tubbo, nodding urgently as he ran, flapping his wings to block any arrows with gusts of air.

Techno followed after, slashing at zombies and mobs that Phil couldn't blow away with his wings.

You watched as they ran...before you felt an intense pain in your back, and you let out a screeching cry  of pain as you felt blood begin to leak out of your back. You heard a soft gasp to see Tommy...who hadn't ran...

He looked horrified...he slumped a little, groaning lowly in pain...with that, you could see several arrows in his back and shoulders, oozing the red substance he required to live.

"Y/n..." He croaked, looking up to you, before his eyes widened in horror.

"LOOK OUT!" He called, diving towards you as a loud hiss sounded in your ear. 

Everything seemed do move in slow motion as he pushed you out of the way, and you could see him look at you. His eyes were filled with pain and acceptance as you landed on the ground. You watched as he stood, hunched, holding his side in pain as the creeper behind him finished inflating...and it blew, a white light engulfing Tommy as his hair wisped forward and singed with embers.

You stared in horror as smoke surrounded the area.

You looked down, getting a notification on your communicator...

.

.

.

"TommyInnit was blown up by Creeper"