Chapter 5 - "Sleepover" (Long Chapter)

{2 Days Before The Month's End}

I woke up comfortably nestled under a pile of pillows, my blanket wrapped around me as if I was a snug burrito.

I stretched out my arms and legs, letting out a light groan as I sat up and grabbed my brush first, running it through my hair and getting out any twists or knots from the movement I did in my sleep.

I smiled as a sleepy looking Patches walked into my room, arching her back and yawning. Confused, I looked over to the alarm clock, not hearing anyone awake or smelling any of Clay's wondrous food. In large bright red numbers, it read "4:57 AM".

"Ohhh Patches baby... did I wake you?" I whispered, picking her up and she let out a small trill as a greeting, moving her upper body closer to my face and touching her nose to my forehead before nuzzling my jaw with a noisy purr. Here nose was cold and wet, startling me at first before I got used to it.

"Aww. I love you too." I said, kissing her snout before setting her on my bed, where she proceeded to nestle into my duvet and curl up like a little bun with an adorable yawn, laying her head down on one of my plushies and watching me, slow blinking.

I smiled and giggled, taking a picture before grabbing one of my merch hoodies and a pair of torn leggings, along with my favorite shirt. I headed into the bathroom and turned on the water, taking off my dirty clothes and throwing them into my hamper so I could do laundry later.

I got into the now warm shower, washing myself and singing quietly. I got out, quickly changing into the clothes I had grabbed and leaving my bathroom, taking my brush again and looking over at the now deeply sleeping Patches

I smiled softly, brushing my damp hair once again and standing up, putting it all behind me and walking out of my room, tip-toeing down into the kitchen. I pulled my phone out of my pocket, opening the curtains to the still dark outside, pinning them into the holders so I could watch the sunrise while I cooked breakfast for everyone.

I turned on my favorite chill song, singing the lyrics expertly while I cracked some eggs into a bowl. Mixing parsley, Basil, a dab of milk, Salt and Pepper into the eggs, I buttered the pan and waited for the butter to slightly sizzle before it was ready to add the eggs. I beat the mixture until it was nice and fluffy.

I poured the eggs in with proficiency, mixing them ever so slightly so they could cook evenly into the perfect scrambled eggs. While they cooked, I got some bacon ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) and another pan, pouring some oil in and letting it simmer before placing the bacon in gently, making sure the hot oil didn't splash anywhere.

I tossed the scrambled eggs in the pan around a little bit before piling them onto a large plate, hurrying over to the bacon and flipping it over, heading back to the counter, picking out some navel oranges I had gotten at the grocery and sliced them into thin slices with my favorite knife, pouring three glasses of orange juice and putting the slices on the edge, moving them to the table.

I hurried over to the bacon and got it out of the pan; placing some on a smaller plate, then adding a napkin on top to absorb the grease and a second layer of crispier bacon. I moved it over next to the eggs, cutting a few apples into slices and displaying them on a paper plate, adding some honeydew, cantaloupe and grapes into the mix.

I turned around, seeing Clay and Drista watching me from the staircase with wide eyes and mouths hung slightly agape. "Shut your mouths, you'll ruin your appetite if you catch a fly in there." I joked, gesturing to all of the food I made and cut. They both rushed over to the plates of food with gigantic happy yet confused faces.

"How did you-?!" Clay started, eying all of the food like a puppy that didn't know which toy he wanted. "Mom taught me how to cook, I just always forget I can." I say, turning my music off and grabbing a plate, filling it up with a little bit of everything and heading over to the table with the cups of orange juice waiting for us.