13

It's been two weeks, and since Karman and Sam are on vacation looking at venues for their wedding, I've taken to camping out at Cal's place. I feel safe and taken care of here and I find myself never wanting to leave. 

"Hoy está soleado" I say into my phone before pressing the green button. I swipe a paintbrush across a white canvas with my other hand.

Jazz music plays faintly from the speaker I have in here. It's Saturday afternoon and Cal had to go into the office today. This morning James took us to Roast Room and then dropped Cal off at the office before taking me to the store to grab a canvas and paints.

"Hoy está nublado y lluvioso" I say into my phone and press the green button again before swiping some more paint onto the canvas.

"What's going on in here?"

Cal's voice makes me whip my head in the direction of the door. He's leaning against the frame with his arms crossed and looking at me curiously.

I will admit that I have quite the set up. I laid down a tarp on the floor of his office so I wouldn't get paint anywhere (although it's all over me). I have two completed canvases on the corner of the tarp, each an array of different colors. 

"I'm painting" I smile up at him.

"I can see that" he smirks and slips his hands into his pockets while walking over to me.

"I've also taken up learning Spanish and trying to love jazz music" I add. My curly hair is up in a messy bun and I'm wearing a pair of jean shorts that have paint splattered on them and a burnt orange t-shirt that has the word happy on it in white, also splattered with paint. "I'm not a fan of the jazz but I really am trying" I push my glasses up my nose with the inside of my wrist.

"What's with all the new hobbies?" Cal asks while he walks over to me, scanning the area.

"I just wanted to try new things" I set the paintbrush down and stand up, dusting my hands off on my shorts. "You know, I haven't painted since like art class in elementary school. It was fun then but it's way more relaxing now" I smile at him. "How was work?"

Cal chuckles deeply and puts his hands on my hips. "You're perfect" he murmurs before kissing me. "Work was fine. How are you feeling?"

He asks me this everyday, always checking in on how I'm doing mentally ever since that dinner on Saturday. Sometimes it makes me wonder how his family life is, if I should be checking on him as well, but he doesn't talk much about them aside from his brother.

Technically everyone knows about his family. His grandfather started the company, his father expanded it (I finally did my research which, in hindsight, I should have done before I accepted the job). The more I read about Callahan media online, the more I realized that no one knows the details of much of anything except the company. His family is extremely good with keeping things under-wraps.

I would like to know more about him and his life, and sometimes I catch myself almost asking him since I'm sure that he would answer, but then I remember that I've really only known him for a month. I don't want him to think I'm prying into his life, plus I'm not even sure what our relationship status is. 

He always says "You're mine" but I'm still not positive what that means. Are we dating? Are we together? Are we just hanging out and having sex?

My world falls apart and I just decide to just go off with the first guy who pays attention to me. Maybe my parents were right. About what, I'm not sure, but they were probably right about something.

"Where did you go?" Cal strokes my cheek with his thumb.

I snap out of my thoughts and offer him a smile. "Sorry about that. I don't feel any different than normal"