17

Since Christian is currently at work, on a Saturday, I'm left to unpack by myself.

Although he did text and say that he'd be home soon. Home. As in our home. As in I'm living with him now and this is my home too. And it'll be our baby's home. For now. I've always wanted to raise my family in a house so I'll have to talk to Cal about that.

And technically I'm not supposed to be unpacking because Cal said I shouldn't be lifting things since I'm pregnant, but I'm too bored to listen to that statement entirely so instead of lifting I'm moving things out of boxes and over to where they are supposed to be. Right now I'm just moving some of my baking things into the kitchen. 

I told Vivian and Travis last night when we went out and I can still hear their squeals ringing in my ears. They were happy and toasted to me and my "rich baby daddy" as they so lovely put it and Vivian immediately said she wanted to be the God-mother. 

I should bake more. Maybe I'll make some cookies today for Christian before he gets home. I know he said he'd be home soon but by his terms that could mean a few hours so I look up a recipe for red velvet cookies and see if he has the ingredients to make them. I end up ordering the ingredients he doesn't have to the penthouse and while I wait for them to get here I hop in the shower.

After getting washed up and dressed, I head back downstairs in time to get the groceries from the door and then I start baking. With the pregnancy I've been craving a lot of sweet and salty at the same time so there's been a lot of ice cream and salt and cookie and chip eating. I think in comparison to others, my cravings are rather mild.

The very second I take the first batch of cookies out of the oven, let them cool, and frost them, the door opens and Cal walks in, all big and yummy. 

Yummy? Yeah, I'm definitely pregnant. 

"You're just in time!" I say to him in excitement. "I made cookies, and they're fresh out of the oven"

I feel him come up behind me and wrap his arms around my waist, bending to give my neck a soft kiss. "They smell delicious, Pumpkin"

"Try one" I turn around and put a cookie up to his lips.

Cal takes a bite and then groans, shutting his eyes. "This might be the best cookie I've ever tasted" he looks at me with his deep blue eyes, smirking. "Besides yours of course"

I blush so deeply that I'm sure I turned into a tomato. "You really like it?" I ask timidly. "I followed a basic recipe but then added a bit of my own twist. I sprinkled cinnamon and-"

He cuts me off with a kiss, a deep one that has my toes curling in my socks. His hands slide into my loose shorts and he grips my butt,  pulling my against him and eliciting a soft, surprised moan from my lips.

Cal nips my bottom lip before trailing to my jaw and I shut my eyes in complete bliss. 

"You're a natural at many things Pumpkin," he murmurs against my skin. "Painting, decorating, pushing my buttons. But you seem to be exceptional at baking, why haven't you said anything?"

I tilt my head, looking at him as he pulls back to look at me too. "I don't know" I shrug sheepishly. "I guess I never looked at it that way. I enjoy it, but I don't do it as often as I want since I'm always so busy trying to find a job I like"

"It seems to me that your perfect job has been under your nose this whole time" he rubs his thumb across my cheek. "Think about it"

"Okay" I smile softly as he takes the rest of the cookie from my hand and eats it before grabbing another off of the baking sheet. I giggle, pressing a kiss to his cheek. "How was your morning?"