Chapter 45: Electric Arcade Boogaloo

Start from the beginning

"Mm...If you're sure..." Sayaka seemed similarly uncomfortable but didn't try to stop him.

After leaving briefly, Makoto came back a few minutes later with a tub of yen coins to put into the machine. He handed one each to the three girls and picked out one for himself. All four students then took their seats and slotted the coin into the game; the menu popping up as soon as they did.

Makoto quickly explained to the three girls how the controls worked. Kyoko was the most excited to test her abilities, even if her face didn't show it. She was taken completely by surprise from the beginning. The controls were responsive, the sound effects were rich, and the graphics were breathtaking. She had the impression that she was actually operating a fast racing vehicle as she zoomed through breathtaking scenery and winding circuits.

The race started with engines roaring, and Kyoko's deft maneuvering soon put her in the lead. Sayaka utilized power-ups to increase her speed and catch up because she was determined not to fall behind. Mukuro concentrated on following the ideal racing line around every bend and turn, keeping pace pretty effectively, despite her limited knowledge.

...Makoto did not even come close to catching up to any of them; he just lagged behind.

The competition heated up as the race got closer to the finish line. Kyoko regained her lead, but Sayaka's vehicle shot forward, with Mukuro chasing after her. However, in an unexpected turn of events, just as Sayaka was about to pass her, Kyoko engaged the turbo boost and accelerated to win!

"DRAT!" Sayaka snapped, louder than she meant to, while instinctively, Kyoko raised both her fists in victory!

The scoreboard came up to show the placements. Kyoko came first and gained the golden trophy, with Sayaka holding the silver and Mukuro holding the bronze. Makoto, who placed seventh, wildly congratulated the winner.

"That was incredible Kyoko!" he beamed, "it's like you knew what to do at a glance! Are you sure you've never played any of these games before, or...do you have a license as a detective?"

"W-Well, no..." Kyoko blushed, not sure what to do with the sudden praise, "I'm too young to drive a car. I do possess a scooter license though..."

"Yeah...Good game..." Sayaka clapped, *Well played Kirigiri-chan...*

"Indeed..." Mukuro also applauded *She is surprisingly competitive. I will remember this...!*

X

*BANG!*

"OH COME ON! GET THAT T.O.D SHIT OUTTA HERE!"

"Had enough yet, LOOSAAAH!?"

"Fuck you!"

Restlessness - Persona 5

Makoto and the girls jumped at a loud noise, followed by some shouting. They turned over to see a rather unsavory man yelling at one of the fighting game machines that he had just been playing on. Clearly, he had lost and punched the machine out of spite. Everyone tried to calm down as they watched him storm away.

"Well, that was...unpleasant..." Makoto stated.

"Is that like that attraction we saw earlier?" Mukuro asked, "The one where you have to physically strike the apparatus to gain points?"

"Absolutely not," Sayaka instinctively grabbed Mukuro's wrist like she was actually planning to do it, "please don't punch the machines."

"Given your strength, if you punched it, you'd probably break it beyond repair..." Kyoko remarked.