"Therapy"

I sat on a leather chair waiting for the therapist. I had a long sleeve black misfits sweater on with low waisted skinny jeans on. I waited in a cold room full of books and artificial lights with a degree on the wall. I was here because my parents wanted me to get therapy after one day i made the bad decision of wearing short sleeved shirt when my mum went to check on me when it was too late to cover my scars. I hadn't cut recently, but my scars haven't gone away. So she freaked out on me, grounded for 6 months, then made me go to a therapist every week for the next year of my senior year. "Hi Gabby!" My therapist said smiling, she was the kind of therapist thats a bullshitter and has inspirational quotes on her walls. "So Gabby, how are you feeling?"
You mean besides the fact my mum is an alcoholic and my Dad calls me a whore and abuses me? I'd say terrrible. "Fine." I said brushing my hands off my thighs. After 30 minutes of my therapist talking about breathing and healing, i finally was able to go home to my bed, and cry under my covers. Basically my life consisted now of abuse, alcohol, and high school. My best friends didnt rlly know what was going on with my home life or that i went to therapist. Since my dad's amd mum's divorce, my mum drinked heavily and my Dad took his problems out on me. My mum still makes me go to therapy so i dont have to feel alone, well guess what mum? I do. Without my best friends, i would have been gone already. High school : the actual real world example of hell. You have the jocks, the cheerleaders, the goth, the geeks, and then there's my group: the tagged along misfits that didnt belong and didnt need to belong in a group. We basically didnt have amybody but ourselves. We were the kind that got called a whore if we wore a muscle tee, got called scene if we wore black eyeshadow with balck eyeliner with a black veil brides shirt on, if we wore a sweater and ripped jeans we got called preps, if we answered that really difficult math question correct, we got called know it all. Basically we were in the living hell of all existence, where preps control everyone's lives.
-AmericanShame