Chapter 35 - Y/N's pov

((A/N - sorry for the long wait i forgor))

 Another few days had passed since I woke up. I had a burn on the back of my elbow, and another on my back, and matching scratches on both my knees, and my magic had continued to fade. It was night right now. The last day before Luz had to start going to her human school. Hunter had insisted on me resting a bunch. I hadn't protested. If this was what made him happy, I wanted to go along with it. In return, I'd insisted that he didn't have to stay with me every second, and that I would be okay if he spent time with the others while I regained my strength. He had, begrudgingly, gone upstairs today with the others. I was watching something on the light box downstairs. About a skeleton who lived in a place called halloweentown, but wanted more from his life, and found a place called christmastown. ((A/N - *WHEEEEEEEZE-* I had to include my favorite movie lol)) I heard footsteps on the stairs.

"Hunter I swear to the good titan-" I glanced to the stairs, Vee was there, A light grin on her face from my reaction.

"Oh hey Vee" I smiled lightly "Sorry about that. I thought Hunter was checking on me for the millionth time. He's so worried, I want him to do something that doesn't involve doing something for me."

Vee nodded "Even up here, he doesn't stop talking about you" she smiled lightly "Anyway, it's raining, aaaaand we finally got Hunter to agree to letting you come outside with us."

I smiled, and stood up, stretching. The burn on my back hurt the most, but right now it wasn't too bad. I pulled on a pair of sneakers, and, with the help of the railing, went upstairs for the first time since back when I'd first left to meet the others at the portal house. The others were standing at the top of the stairs, Hunter was there, anxiety all over his face.

"Are you alright? Are you good to stand on your own? Does anything hurt? Do you-" I cut off what he was saying, putting a finger to his lips

"I'm fine" I said, laying a light kiss on his cheek, and taking his hand

I noticed him blush, and smiled lightly. Luz opened the door for everyone, Amity standing with her, she took Amity's hand and reached out into the rain. The two ran out onto the lawn. Vee shifted from her basilisk form and jumped from the deck, joining the two. Hunter, his hand still grasped in mine, glanced around anxiously.

"Are you sure you-" He was interrupted by Gus jumping up behind us, knocking into us, and causing all three of us to fall off the deck and into a mud puddle. I sat up, covered in mud, and laughed. The brief panic on Hunter's mud-covered face faded and he began to laugh too. I picked up a bunch of mud and stood up, and flung some in Hunter's direction. He grinned and picked some mud up too, throwing it at me.

Just like during the water fight, I forgot again. I opened a spell circle, to fling a bunch a bunch of mud at him, but it crumbled. Like it had when I was under Eda's spell. The moment shattered. I started anxiously casting spells, only for them to crumble in front of me. I noticed in my peripheral vision that Amity cast a spell, hers wasn't crumbling. A bulb of light flew into the air from it. I was the only one who was having a problem with my magic. I felt my eyes glittering with tears, wondering if I would ever have my magic back. I turned and walked inside, leaving my muddy sneakers by the door. Hunter walked up behind me as I took a towel that was hanging and wiped the mud from my hair and face.

"I know I don't understand what you're-" Hunter started to say something

I whipped around "You're right. You don't understand" tears were in my eyes "Without my magic, who am I? You never had any magic to loose. You don't understand and you never will." I felt hot tears on my cheeks.

I brushed past him and went downstairs, flopping down onto my sleeping bag, the credits of the movie were playing. I stuck my face into my pillow and sobbed into it. For not knowing who or what I was, for shouting at Hunter, for loosing my magic.....

P/N chirped and landed on my head. I sat up, cross-legged, still sniffling.

P/N flew into my hands "Sweet little bird" I murmured "You don't have to worry about anything."

I stroked their feathers, until I heard footsteps on the stairs, I glanced up to see Gus.

"Oh hey." I murmured

Gus sat down on the couch. I expected Hunter to follow on the stairs behind Gus, but after a few moments, he still hadn't shown up.

"Is Hunter coming?" I finally asked Gus

"No." Gus said "He said he's gonna sleep out on the living room couch, said something about you needing some space."

Aw. Hunter. Even after I'd snapped at him like that, he still was being so sweet. I set P/N on my shoulder and stumbled up the stairs. The lights in the house were off, and I suspected that everyone else had gone to sleep. I went into the living room, where the lights were off, Hunter was sprawled out on the couch, and I could hear the familiar sound of his soft snoring. I grabbed a blanket and laid it across him, smiling lightly. Even though I wanted to lie beside him, I wanted to be sure that he didn't need some space. I laid across a nearby armchair, my legs hung off the side, but that was okay. I wanted to be able to apologize as soon as I could. I felt myself slipping into sleep on the armchair.

~~time skippity skip~~

I blinked my eyes open. I heard the front door open, Luz wishing Camila farewell, then the door shutting again. Luz must have just left for school. I sat up, stretching a bit. I saw Hunter sitting on the couch, slipping on a pair of shoes. He didn't lecture me on why I shouldn't have gone up the stairs myself. He just went about what he was doing.

"Hi" I said, just loud enough for him to hear. Guilt tightened my chest. "I'm sorry about what I said last night. I let everything get to my head, and then I took it out on you. You've been nothing but awesome and kind to me, and you don't deserve that."

He glanced up and smiled at me "I'm just glad you're alright"

I nodded. Titan, no matter how much of a dumb jerk I was, Hunter always forgave me. He understood.

Willow burst downstairs, holding some miniature light box with a little blue owl on it.

"Look at this scary owl app we found!" Willow said, pointing to the little blue owl, the others followed, coming down the stairs, and Gus came upstairs.

"What if we showed Y/N what we did with the portal house?" Amity suggested

The others agreed, though I didn't know what they meant by 'what they did with it', but I was excited. Maybe it could get my mind off the grimwalker and magic stuff. It was worth a shot.

((A/N - its getting closer *laughs in author*))