Chapter 19 - Y/N's pov

Luz noticed what we were staring at. I heard that Hunter's breathing had grown shakily. I turned and hugged him, I didn't know what else to do, today had been so horrific, he needed it right now, and to be honest, so did I. I let go after a moment and turned to see the kid cracking golden guard masks and throwing them into a red glowing fire, surrounded by some sort of circle of rope and potions.

"Hey! Stop that!" Luz said, and ran forward, followed by Hunter and I

Luz moved the kid out of the circle while Hunter and I extinguished the red fire. The kid ran off.

"Why would he do that?" Luz said

I took a step back, a cold breeze brushing past me, carrying green goo, which morphed into the tall monster. It stood in front of us now, screeching. Words spoke from tiny creatures attached to the monster.

"Get away from him!" "Danger danger!" "Run!" they screamed out

Luz's eyes widened "Are those palismen?"

"W-We weren't running from the inner Belos" Hunter murmured "He was with us the whole time..."

We turned to the kid, who appeared to by crying, then laughing, manically. He pointed his little wooden sword at us, then swiped it in the air, and sent it crashing on the the rope, which engulfed in some sort of red aura, and began launching the potions at the palisman-creature. The rope tied around it, and the creature crashed to the ground. We each took a step back.

The kid morphed into Belos. "Hello Hunter. Hello Y/N. Hello Luz." he paused "Ugh...I was finally able to catch it. This thing's been a thorn in my side for years." He walked towards the creature, which had begun to burn away "All these weepy palisman souls. Their voices constantly nagging me." He grabbed the soul of a little bird, who cried out in his grasp. "But without them, I wound't be able to do this." His hand morphed into a tower of green slime, and he crushed the bird soul, I flinched, and grabbed Hunter's hand.

"Ah. I'm feeling better already" Belos chuckled "Thank you for distracting it"

"What did you do to the other guards?" Hunter asked, his voice shaking "To our family? It wasn't wild magic, was it?"

Belos flicked a little strand of Hunter's hair

"What a shame" The emperor, the person who used to have all of my faith said "Out of all the grimwalkers, you looked the most like him."

"What?" both Hunter and I said, I squeezed his hand in mine, hoping it would provide some sort of comfort.

Suddenly a hole in the ground opened beneath us, slowly dragging us in.

"Hunter! Y/N!" Luz called out

She took off her jacket, I grabbed the sleeve, Hunter had already fallen deeper.

"No, no, no! You're gonna be okay!" Luz said, pulling on the opposite side of of the jacket, trying to free us from the pit that was dragging us in. "You're gonna be okay! Just hold on!"

I flew out of the pit, but I'd lost Hunter's hand. He felt into the pit, which closed after him. Glyphs fell to the ground, as well as the walkie-talkie. I frantically dug at the ground where Hunter had disappeared.

"NONONONO! He's gotta be somewhere! He's gotta be-" I spoke frantically, tears streamed from my eyes

Luz fell to the ground, and Belos began to speak

"I really was expecting him to last longer than the others." he said, unphased by what had just happened

Luz turned to Belos, her eyes were rimmed with tears "I'm gonna tell everyone about the day of unity, that you've been lying about the titan for years!" she said