Goddess of War | 16

Athenas POV

"AA7991 departing to London is now boarding," a lady announces over the loudspeaker at the Newark Airport.

I look back at Uncle Kenji and Kai, walking to them to give them one last hug before I leave.

Due to the situation, and my sudden departure to the UK, Jamie pulled some strings to allow the two of them to come see me off.

I squeeze them as I mutter, "I'm going to miss you both."

Uncle Kenji strokes my head softly as he softly says, "this isn't goodbye Athena, We'll see eachother again. I'll make sure of it."

I can't help but smile as I hear this. Despite everything that has happened to me, these two have made my life worth living thus far. I don't know how I won't survive without them or without Ellie, David, Carson and Blair. I had been able to text them all, explaining the situation and promised to call as soon as my plane landed.

I wish I had at least gotten to say goodbye to them all in person.

Kai breaks the hug first as he gives me a look, "don't forget to text and call. If anything happens I'll be hopping on the first plane to London. Try not to get into too much trouble and try to get along with the people at your new school. No more getting involved with selling drugs as well," he whispers the last part.

I can't help but laugh as he tries his best to reassure me about everything.

"I'm gonna miss you too Kai," I say as I shove his shoulder lightly, knowing that's what he was trying to convey. I swear I see a tear almost form in his eyes as I look up at him.

"Just...be safe." Kai says sadly as he gives me another tight hug. 

I break the hug, not wanting to cry anymore as I take a step back.

"Group 3 can now begin to board the plane" is projected from the loudspeakers.

"That's my group. I'll let you know as soon as I land. Be safe and I'll miss you." I say as I begin to turn around.

I start to walk towards the line that's forming near the ticket check to enter the plane. I look behind me one last time to see both Uncle Kenji and Kai waving at me. I offer them a small wave as well as my ticket is scanned.

Jamie and a social worker follow me onto the plane and we find our seats. I settle into my own window seat as Jamie takes her own right next to me.

"The flight will be 7 hours, I hope you downloaded some movies." Jamie says jokingly.

I don't laugh as I put my earbuds in and start listening to Isabel Larosa.

Jamie has been amazing throughout this entire process and I didn't mean to be rude, but this has all been way too much to process in such a short period of time.

I just still can't believe the situation James got himself into or the fact that I'm currently on a flight to London to live with my so called mom.

I try to forget about my worries as I close my eyes and lean back in the chair.

The rest of the flight boards the plane, and soon enough we're taking off to London.