Goddess of War | 5

Athenas POV

Thursday

"Daddy stop! Please! I didn't take any money I promise!" I screamed as tears poured from my eyes. "If you didn't take my damn money then where is it? Huh Athena? Don't you dare lie to me I know you fucking took it you bitch!"

"Daddy I promise I didn't! You went to the store yesterday remember? You had a few bags with you as well when you came home!" I was trying to reason with him, explain that I didn't take his money. I didn't even know what money he was talking about.

"Are you saying I'm a liar? The only damn liar in this house is you and that whore of a mother that gave birth to you!" His remark made me cry a little harder. He never talked about mom and now he's saying this.

Before I knew it my head turned sharply to the side. He slapped me. My own father slapped me. "You're such a bitch. Did you know that. Everything is all your fault. Me and you are like this because of you."

Another strong and sharp slap came before I knew it. Followed by another, and then another, and before I knew it Daddy was punching and kicking me as I screamed at him to stop and that it hurt.

But he didn't stop. I tried to scratch at him. To wiggle myself away from him, as he loomed over me like some god looking down over his subjects. Another kick came my way, aimed at my head this time.

"Daddy stop plea-"

I jolted awake. A cold sweat covered me as I threw the covers off myself and ran into my bathroom. I fell to my knees in front of the toilet, emptying my stomach as bile pooled in my throat.

I was dry heaving with my head resting on my arm. Silent tears strolled down my face. I don't remember the last time I cried. I've had nightmares of my past before, but never of the first time James really hit me.

It was beyond traumatic. I remember it like it was yesterday. He was yelling about how I took his money, when in reality he spent it all on alcohol. He drank himself into oblivion that night and forgot all about it when he tried to go and buy more that same night. One thing led to another, and the next thing I knew I was laying on the ground unconscious, all bloody and bruised.

Pushing the memories into the back of my mind, I got up and made my way to the sink. The image I saw made me cringe. "When did I become this way," I muttered to myself. I turned on the water, taking a little to rinse my face and mouth before brushing my teeth.

"This is a great start to the day," I whispered as I pat my face dry. I wasn't into the whole premonition thing, or a bad feeling means something bad will happen, but at this point I was getting concerned. I had the big order tomorrow in the city, and had a weird feeling about it Monday. Now I have a dream about the first time James really hit me? Something definitely was off but I didn't want to admit it.

I made my way back into my room to get dressed and pack a bag for Ellies for when we get ready for the party later. Putting on my simple black sweater and light blue skinny jeans, I grabbed some of the few options I had to wear out. A short black strapless leather mini dress immediately caught my eye. I loved this dress. It was a gift from Ellie for my 17th birthday and she always looked so happy when I wore it.

Throwing it into my bag, I grabbed a black oversized blazer and some simple black heels. I packed a little bag with some makeup along with a straightener. I then zipped up the bag, throwing it beside my backpack on the ground.

I gathered my hair in my hand, clipping it up, and pulling on my white high top converse I always wear. I went over to my desk to grab my phone and check the time. 7 A.M. was displayed as I looked down but that wasn't what caught my attention. A text from Timothy was displayed as well. He rarely texted me.

Goddess of WarOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara