Vol 1.8 - Ave Maria

Start from the beginning

̸̛̪̈́ͅ"̴͇̗̌Ë̸̦́r̵̼̻̬͕̞͉͗̃̉̉͗̚e̴̲̰͖̍͒̇́̐̓n̸̟̲̪̲̗̅̐ͅ,̷̜͎̠̊̈ ̷͖̯͖͇̎̇̂a̵͓̣̓͊r̷̨͎͎̳̞̉͂̽e̷̖̚ ̷̛̩͔͔͐̓̊̈͝ỷ̶̤̯͓̽̂͆͋͜ǫ̴̢̛̭̦͇͙u̴͓̞̐̚ͅ ̸̠͖̋̉̅̕̕r̵̞̗̙͔̩̓̏̈́ẽ̷̠̀̈́̋͛ă̴̡̭̝̦̾̎̋̈ͅl̶̞̜̩̑̓l̶̨̰͈̾̏̕ỷ̷͇̂̔͐̓̄ ̸͆̈́͜͝ī̶͈͈̅̆̿ǹ̸͎ ̶̢̼̯̤̥̂́͜c̷̦̦̺̦̈̄͐o̸̧̘͇͈̼͘͘̚͝n̶͉̬͕̞̆̍̋̄͗͝t̷̛͈̜͔͋̽͒̾̃r̷͙̎͐o̶̼̦̱̒̏͜ļ̵̡̫̜̈́͋ ̷̜͖̰̏͂̏́h̸̡͚̤̖̰͔͗̓́̀̓e̷̝̙͇̟̽̏͛̑r̶̨͖̙͉͙̽̚e̶̮̗͍̦͍̐̂́͜?̷̡͚͈̿̒̕"̶̨̩̥̺̀̏ͅ

̷̛̛̳̩͈͔̠̐͐̌͜͝"̷̙̦̱͚̾̅̅̆̕ͅE̵̗͍̭͕͆̒̐̇̚͝ͅr̴̨̥̥̹͉͠e̵̢̟̟̬͔͒n̸͓̘̆͘.̴̬͇̆̓̍̈́̚͝"̶̥̬̇̀̿͛̆͝

"Eren!"

"Huh...!?"

On a hill, under a tree, Eren Yeager suddenly gasped, waking up. The wind blew through the fields and sent leaves dancing through the wind. The boy looked around.

"...Mikasa...?"

The dark-haired girl's gaze was dull. "Let's head home."

"Why am I...here?"

Mikasa stood up. "You were sleeping that soundly?"

Eren looked troubled, unable to remember. "No...It just feels like I was having a really long dream...What was it again? I don't remember anything."

Mikasa walked over to her backpack, which had loads of sticks for firewood placed on it. She looked back towards the boy and noticed something. Concern washed over her. "Eren. Why are you crying?"

The brunette touched his face. "Huh?"

The wind's gusts became stronger before transitioning to burning timber and falling ash.

...

..

.

..

...

..

.

..

...

..

.

..

...

"MOM!"

"MOM!"

Their breaths were heavy, baited, panting, panicked, horrified. Eren's mother was buried under rubble, her legs crushed from underneath. Mikasa and Eren looked on in anguish.

"Mikasa! Hold that side! We'll lift the pillar!"

With all the strength that their small bodies could muster, they attempted to lift the rubble crushing their mother's body. It was to no avail, however, the rubble wouldn't budge.

THUD!

THUD!

THUD!

Eren gasped, temporarily distracted from freeing his mother, and looked up to the surrounding Shiganshina. Titans were crawling everywhere and...One was coming towards their house...

THUD!

THUD!

THUD!

With fear and copious amounts of anxiety coursing through his veins, Eren focused back on freeing his mother, his voice shaking.

"Hurry Mikasa!"