Chapter 76: Eggs & Green Onions

Author's Notes

Let's get talking about this chapter.

Do not be fooled by the seemingly harmless chapter title, this shit's kinda an info dump near the end so be sure to digest it.
As from the title, we're finally seeing Dababies (lezz goo) and of course, some trauma relief near the end.

Not much else to say about this chapter since it speaks for itself.
Hm? What's with the Green Onion in the title?
...Seriously, anybody who's familiar with Pokémon knows 'onion'.

Now, onto the reviews!

Satosere16:
Another awesome one. One thing I understand is, I have to watch fated series for understanding storyline better. Did you inspired few things from AOT? Because, that one title and few parts reference that anime. Especially Ash's character almost same as Eren's character, emotionless, confusing and cold. Spin-off series after kalos, how many years are you going to take? I hope before 2050. Reading this heavy plot based foreshadowing chapters, I don't know why, but sometimes I feel like in the end of story, either Ash or Serena will die and story will have netural ending.

*Breathes in*... *Breathes out*

Yes, AOT was an inspiration for that one chapter title. But that's where it ends. So I'm going to make this VERY clear:
I absolutely loathe AOT. I was a huge fan until the final parts.

As for spinoffs, it probably will take a long time but definitely not 2050 and beyond. Ain't no way I'm writing till that point.

And finally, end of story: Ash or Serena dying as neutral ending.
...What? I ain't gonna spoil it. And yes, Fated's ending is confirmed. You can't expect a story to start and NOT think of the ending, right?
Who would do such a thing, right, Isayama?

But i can tell you this:

With what I'm planning to do, Ash or Serena dying is DEAD last (heh, see what I did there?) on my list of priorities.
You say I was inspired by AOT but definitely not.

If Fate was the idea inspiration for Fated, my story inspiration would be... Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint. (If you know the ending, you know what kind of fuckery I have in mind.)

Rajiv A. Rajaram:
Finally got around to reading this chapter and it was a doozy. Nice to see Brendan get spotlight and a proper gym battle to boot. I recalled you said you may skip some of Ash's gym battles because he'd be steamrolling at some points so I'm not surprised we didn't get to read it. Just curious about which Pokémon Bugsy would have used in your canon though? Beyond that, Ash showing some bite to Shingo was surprising and I assume we'd uncover more of that attitude as the chapters go on? Is it tied into his fainting? Dropping the bomb that Kurt should know the maker of the GS ball is another one I'm looking forward to coming out in the open as well. Overall it was a good chapter with lots of setting up for the future especially with the Ash being a forger, loving it so far.

Thanks for another review, Rajiv. Brendan getting the spotlight last chapter was one thing on my checklist before M03.

For Bugsy's team, it's not really important but his 3 'Level 2' Pokémon would be Ledian, Ariados and Ninjask.
And yes, current Pikachu is faster than Ninjask (don't trust the Dex entry, it's a load of BS since Ninjask's top speed would be Mach 7)

Ash showing some bite is also something on my checklist since this is some of the few times we get to see Ash angry. Remember how in previous chapters, it is said that he has a filter constantly active? Yeah, this is some of the times that filter comes undone. It's to show Ash having a more immature side to him, which you'll see in this chapter too. Making him vulnerable is key since during the Grand League and Orange Islands, he felt more of a shonen protagonist reciting the same cliche lines. This side of him makes him more human.