Chapter 72: Sprout Tower

Everyone The Chapter's Got An Update So Do Read If U Want To.

Author's Notes

Back again for another chapter. This time, a more action chapter.

Now, as the chapters go by, I get more umm... lost as to what to write for the Author's Notes since to be honest, you guys' reviews are far more entertaining to read than mine.

And finally... Review time!

starff2432:

I think I am in love with all of Ash's Pokémon
Just a quick question when will Chikorita get to know about Serena and you know get to meet her on call at least

Haha, thanks for the compliment. I'm real glad that the Pokémon interactions were enjoyable to read. As for Chikorita meeting Serena, that's a future interaction that I'm still working out on so stay tuned for that.

Corrupted1:

Ah... I see what you mean by extended cut with Chikorita... Damn.

I recently learned about Festival of Champions and when I did it hit me where yours was adapted/based on. God that thing is raw as hell. We are never going to get anything official like that.
That does bring a question to mind: The stigma against Dark Type.
Since that's a part of the fics world building, that it was only just considered a type the year the Trio started their adventure, and that Karen (seemingly) the one who's pushing them to a "better light", what does that mean for the rest of the world? Such as is the stigma a whole world thing or based on regions? Cause you have starter pokemon that are Dark types (like Greninja) which brings that to question unless it's like the more obvious Dark Types, which like "ya'll are racist". Or even like Piers in Galar with the first and only Dark Gym. Though if so, I'm guessing Karen snowballs it for everyone else to eventually use the type more officially like it.

I'm really digging that Ash and Zacian have more to say with each other... it's going to suck when that gets muted... probably. And on more to say, I'm actually glad you have instances of having the Pokemon talk to each other amongst themselves. I feel that gets forgotten that it's not always about the Trainer on the adventure. Least from what I've seen at times.

The image of Pikachu reaching out for Ash is cute but in this context, especially after his accomplishments/feats, heartbreaking. And if that fateful day is the same... then I'm almost curious as to how different it will be since you're doing a fusion of origins, but regardless, it's an insane origin.
Speaking of, know I said I wouldn't, but just... kid got the Kieran treatment, just not as traumatizing (maybe) and no Vergil moment in sight.

I find it odd how Ash has no photo of Delila cause you'd think Oak would have no problem providing a photo to Ash. So now I'm just thinking is this a situation where her side of the family, maybe others too, blame Ash for her death and don't want him to have memorabilia? Cause man, if there's one thing that gets my blood boiling, it's that fucking logic.
Like I get it for dramas and what not, but man, victim blaming to the extent of that? Hell no. If we're playing the pointing finger game, then the only people to blame are Delila for wanting Ash (but you won't) and the father for being an accomplice. Like fuck, last thing left of her, and just gonna disrespect her? Course if that's the case, if not, I'm just ranting. But I'm also pointing that at FatedAsh too since he seems to blame himself for his mother's dead despite that's not true (maybe) and in a way, be disrespecting his mother. Least how I feel, whatever.

Another enjoyable read, Corrupted. That being said, let's cook.

Chikorita:
Haha, 'damn' is the best compliment I can get from this. It's reassuring that its received well since I was scared it was too edgy. But if this level is alright, I can go a bit wilder in the future.