Chapter 70: The Chikorita Rescue

Author's Notes

Well, dang. We're in the 70 range in Fated now. WOOOO!
Now for some news! This could potentially be the final chapter of the year. (But I'll try to upload)
The reason for this is cuz I'm gonna go for my internship... in Japan! How wild is that?
Seriously though, I'm excited to be in Japan for 3 months and during that time, I may not be able to find time to upload, let alone write. So fingers crossed on that.

Onto the chapter:
From the title, it's obvious enough what's gonna happen here. But because TRio is now 'da good guys' (which they've always have been in canon, let's be real), we're pulling some changes in the second half as well as showcase some powerlevels between Ash's Pokémon. More specifically, the new and the veteran. Also, some additional functions from one of Ash's arsenal of weapons.

Now onto the reviews!

From starff2432:
ok not gonna lie but I think I am getting confused as some parts of the story just went from my head . I didn't understand what happened

.

That's totally normal, my guy. It's a lot to process after all. If you read it without absorbing it, which I tried once before upload, it felt like a fever dream.

.

From Rajiv A. Rajaram:
Truly a chapter of lore here and lots of info to unpack. I was expecting E to be the end game boss tbh and well the sword and shield along with the DLC legendary was obvious so far. I'm assuming Cynthia's is the big G cause that's the one who's not spoken about. As for the king and witch, if I'm supposed to relate them to a Pokémon, I'm deffo drawing a blank as of now. Besides that though, I enjoyed the backstory as well of the big war from the past. Fantastic chapter!

.

Thanks for another review, Rajiv! Yeah, its really alot to process. Eternatus being endgame boss is a given since Fated was written during SwSh.
Cynthia's G is ironically the big G, that's obvious. The King and Witch part should really be obvious too since they defeated Eternatus.

.

From Corrupted1:
You know, with Zacian being involved this early and that Masters 8 was the hypest thing that Ash did in the anime, makes sense that Galar is the last region.

I knew Mew was referred to as Ratatoskr but it wasn't till here it fully clicked... and I'm damaged. Now all I hear is Ratatoskr from God of War mixed in with Mew and I'm losing it.
"STOP WITH THE STUPID CHIME!... Mew~"
No idea on the actual lore of Norse but if that one bit is correct on the squirrel, does Mew have different versions of it running around based on its personality? If so, then I guess the one that faced Mewtwo was the real cause in the words of the good Count Dooku "Sometimes, things are just that important."

So with the lore drop that across the multi-verse, the Creation Trio (least I think Giratina too) are the only ones, no duplicates, and that I just learned that the villains of Sun and Moon are a team-up of villains from different universes, does that mean different versions of Team Platinum are running their scheme at the same time? Because that insanely funny in that Fated!Platinum gets their prize while everyone else is just raising their arms in full confusion in what went wrong.
But that also add the horrific implication that because the trio (or at least Dialga and Palkia) are the only ones, that while they're trapped or distracted, they won't be able to attend to things that could be happening.

So apparently Arceus was so stunned that it couldn't defeat the other awful god but these two wolves being fueled by human hope and protection, that it was just "begone freaks". Gross simplication but just...that's funny. It couldn't beat its dark equivalent but when these two lessers did, it got rid of them from I'm assuming history, because it was afraid... because if they could beat Eternatus, then they could with it? Like it just doesn't want to take any chance for the phrase "If you make God bleed, people will cease to believe in him" from ever happening. Despite how they literally used that power to save everyone in the first place instead of aiming for its neck at any point. (Maybe, wrong but with what's shown here, all I got.) Like okay dude. Apparently God has both an ego and a case of "if I don't see it, it doesn't exist". Or maybe shame too.