Chapter 71: Violet City

Author's Notes

Konnichiwassup, people! Yaboi is back!

It's been almost a month, huh? To recap, I've been (or at the time of writing this) on my internship in Japan. This past month has been a blast from my own works to the cultures I've experienced. But out of all the cool and amazing stuff in Japan, one thing is forever stuck as number 1 in mah heart:
...The washlet. (Seriously, it's God's gift to humanity)

Now, let's not waste time by going in-depth about a washlet and talk about the meaty stuff.

This chapter's first half is gonna focus more on the relationship dynamics between Ash's Pokefriends and how much important Pikachu is for both them and Ash himself.
Most notably, there's some foreshadowing regarding Pikachu's past and his initial meeting with Ash.

If you guys recall from the earliest chapters, namely the prologues (and also the Pichu days), you could tell that I've left a HUGE blank between Pikachu leaving Mama Kanga all the way to meeting Ash. That blank is VERY VERY important to our resident electric mouse since his origin story is WILD. If you guys wanna know how screwed up it was, then check out Seijun Tombo's Festival of Champions! The very foundation that this fic is based on! (God, I love the story and art)

With that, let's go on to the reviews!

Review Time!

To FictionerA6 and Rajiv, thanks for the kind words! I'm enjoying my internship here with the culture differences. It's really amazing to experience Japan for the very first time.

PalletKing2001:

Why do you use only some of the pokemons of the canon anime Ash?

.

For that question, it's cuz keeping them at 6 per region helps me not get jumbled up with personalities since too many Pokémon will overwhelm myself.

Corrupted1:
The whole thing with the creation trio makes complete sense. Though, to clarify, when a trio sends an avatar into a universe, they are like a separate entity, correct? Like they all just don't share the same mind?

Now that you've said Mew is has the clone ability like from Ragnorak... Please tell me Goh is going to deal with the Mew equivalent of "Bitters"? Cause him liking Mew and dealing with that would be just funny.

Man, can't wait till we're like further in, and the new companions are just thinking the same thing as Brendon is: "Is he good?" Especially with each exploit. Meanwhile Serena like "Unfortunately... not without a lack of curbing that."

Ah yes, Chikorita... another female that will also make things harder for Ash. Though, think she'll learn relatively quick where she stands in that department... though she was tenacious. And that vine whip bit... dark. I love it.

As for as I know, cause my knowledge is limited to the anime and certain games, but the fact that it took till like S&V for humans to be like "why not just... stop people from summoning their Pokemon." Course that make things boring for the games, but narratively speaking, Rocket would seem like the people to have that kind of tech, either procure or steal it.

The image of Ash just holding on through a hole in the windshield glaring at them is nuts. And again, love it.

Not going to go too long on it because we're not there yet, but I don't think it was all Carmine's fault with Kieran. It shows she cares for him and is somewhat nice till she eventually becomes better by the end of what, knowing the player for like 4 to 5 days, but dear god her social skills suck. Like saying she is nice cause she didn't hit him and her coming to the player to gossip that he isn't good at a game she forced him to play. Yeah, no surprised he goes through a Joker/Vergil moment because of her actions. Really hope the the second DLC does more with this cause come on!