thirty-seven

When Tom woke up the next day, Aurora wasn't next to him. He felt himself panicking immediately, rushing out of bed and into the living room. He felt himself immediately calming down as he saw Aurora stood in the kitchen, making pancakes.

"Baby, what are you doing?" he asked, running a hand over his face as he calmed himself down.

"I'm making you breakfast" Aurora smiled shyly.

Tom gave her a huge grin as he slowly walked to her, before wrapping his arms around her, giving her a quick kiss on the lips.

"You didn't have to do that" he whispered against her lips, pulling her into a tight hug.

"I know, but... I wanted to... Do something for you" Aurora spoke slowly. The guilt of what she'd put Tom through the previous day was eating at her.

"I love you" he just whispered as he planted one more kiss on her cheek.

The two had breakfast in a comfortable silence, before Aurora finally found the courage to speak up.

"So... About last night..." she started slowly, watching Tom's reaction. His eyes looked right into hers, indicating she had his full undivided attention.

"I'm really sorry, Tom. I get it if you no longer want to marry me-" Aurora started to speak out but was cut off by Tom.

"Do not finish that sentence, Aurora. I'm marrying you" he said, his voice gentle but strict as he watched her closely.

"Good" Aurora just said, sipping her coffee.

"Should we start planning the wedding, then?" Tom smiled. Aurora felt a bit of anxiety rise in her chest, but pushed it down as she spoke.

"Yeah, we should. I could ask Rach to help" she suggested, making Tom nod eagerly.

"Anything you want" he smiled.

For the next two days, all Aurora did was go through different magazines and Pinterest boards, but soon realized she had no clue what she was doing. She didn't know how to plan a wedding. So, she ended up calling Rachel for help.

And only a day later, Rachel had a whole plan in place. Their wedding would be in 3 weeks. The thought of it made Aurora nervous, but she tried to power through it.

Tom had been nothing but kind and loving towards her. He'd shown her how she should be treated, like a queen. She knew she had no reason to be nervous. Yet, she still was. So, after Tom came home from filming Billy the Kid that day, Aurora decided to talk to him about how she was feeling.

"Tom, I... I'm really nervous about this" she spoke out as he was removing his clothes and getting ready for bed. 

"We haven't even moved my stuff here, yet. And now, we're getting married in 20 days" Aurora continued as Tom slid between the covers next to her, wrapping his arms around her tightly.

"I can get your stuff here tomorrow, if that's what you want, baby. And it's okay to be nervous, I am too. But, it's just going to be you and me. Forever, yeah? We'll figure it out" he spoke softly as he kissed the top of her head.

"Yeah" she breathed out, relaxing in Tom's arms.

True to his word, Tom had hired movers to move Aurora's things into his apartment the very next day. Aurora watched them work, and felt bad. She didn't want Tom paying for her. When Tom got home that day, she was putting her stuff away. He sat down on the floor next to her, watching the box she was going through.

"Wow. You have a lot of books" Tom grinned as he got out the books from the box, reading the titles.

"I know, I... I always wanted to write one myself" Aurora revealed. Tom froze for a bit, before pulling Aurora into his arms.

"You should" he just spoke softly.

So, the next day, Aurora spent her entire day, writing. She wrote about the things she'd went through, about her and Tom. And by the end of the night, she had a great start to a story. She went to bed that night, beaming and happy.

For the first time in her life, Aurora was feeling safe. Content. Like everything was going to be okay.