thirteen

TW: talk of an eating disorder. again, not trying to romanticize it. have been through anorexia myself. if you're going through it, it gets better i promise <3

"I'm just gonna shower" Aurora said right after Tom had gotten off her.

"Wait, cuddle me for a while" Tom asked, smiling at Aurora, almost begging for her to stay.

Aurora sighed. She thought this would get rid of him. Giving him what he wants. Maybe he needed to cuddle her to keep this nice guy facade he had? She reluctantly laid down next to Tom, who pulled her closer and laid his head on her chest, both of them still naked. They laid in silence for a while as Tom ran his fingers gently against Aurora's bare arm, taking in her beauty and looking at her tattoos.

"I meant what I said, you know" he said quietly, still running his fingers along Aurora's body.

"What's that?" Aurora asked, fearing the worst.

"I do love you. I know it's way too early to say that. But I do" Tom said, staring at Aurora intently.

Aurora gulped. She had not prepared for this. Before everything had happened to her, a guy would always just leave after having sex with her, not cuddle and tell her they love her.

"I uh... Don't know what to say" Aurora mumbled, playing with her fingers nervously as her anxiety grew again.

"You don't have to say anything. Not until you mean it" Tom said, still staring at Aurora in a post-sex haze, adoring the woman. He could not believe he had a chance to make her his.

"Tom I... I think I should go shower" she said, trying to pull out of Tom's grasp. She was not used to confessions of love or being held and showered in affection after sex. This was all new - and way too much for her.

"Only if I can come with" he smiled, not letting go.

"No I uh... I don't think so" Aurora said, wanting to get out of this new situation.

"I know you're trying to push me away again. Not going to work" Tom said confidently, only pulling Aurora closer to himself.

"Fine" Aurora sighed, and Tom let go so they could both get up and go to Aurora's bathroom. He followed right after her like a little puppy. Aurora's bathroom was big, and so was the shower, which Tom thought would be good if they would take showers together from now on. Aurora turned the shower on, Tom stepping in after her, staring at how beautiful she looked. Standing there, naked. And wet. He felt himself hardening again and tried to look away to make himself stop.

"Really? Again?" Aurora teased, looking at Tom.

"I can't help it" Tom said, lifting his hands up in defense. They both laughed for a bit, stood in the shower and then got towels to dry themselves. That's when Tom noticed something on the back of Aurora's bicep.

"What's that?" he asked, taking Aurora's arm into his hands and looking at the white round thing.

"Oh, it's a health thing" Aurora vaguely said, pulling on her bath robe.

"What health thing?" Tom asked, looking mighty fine standing in front of Aurora in nothing but a towel.

"Oh, it's nothing" Aurora brushed it off, moisturising her face.

"Just tell me, Aurora" Tom pleaded softly, turning Aurora to face him before gripping her thighs and lifting her on the counter and standing between her legs, setting his hands on her thighs.

"I'm sort of uhh... Type 1 diabetic" she mumbled, playing with her fingers.

"Oh yeah, my cousin is too. Are you feeling okay now though? Why didn't you tell me? Did you take your insulin?" he immediately went into protective mode.

"Yes, Tom. I'm fine" she said, trying to move but Tom softly increased his grip on her thighs.

"Just, let me take care of you. Please?" Tom begged, staring into Aurora's beautiful eyes.

"I can take care of myself" she said, looking into his eyes. She had always thought his eyes were very beautiful.

"I know that. But I don't want you to have to handle everything by yourself" he said, his eyes still staring into hers.

"Is that why you're here? You're pitying me?" Aurora asked, realizing maybe that was why Tom was so invested in her.

"No, of course not. I told you why I'm here. I'm like crazy in love with you after only a few days" Tom said softly. Taking Aurora's hand into his and giving it a kiss.

Aurora gulped as Tom helped her down from the counter. Aurora got herself some clean, burgundy sweatpants and a matching oversized hoodie. Tom got himself some clean clothes as he had his backpack from the interview still with him. He always took clean clothes to interviews after having a water balloon fight in one with Rachel. It was not fun going home in drenched clothes.

After they got dressed, they went into the living room and sat down on the couch, Aurora turning on Tangled to play in the background, wanting to focus on something other than her thoughts on why Tom was still here. Aurora sat on the opposite side of the huge couch from Tom. After Tom realized that, it took him all of 2 seconds to move right next to Aurora and wrap his arm around her.

"You hungry? We haven't eaten today" Tom asked, only now realizing that he himself was quite hungry.

And there it was. Aurora had hoped Tom wouldn't notice. But Aurora had been anorexic since she was 13. So for 10 years now. When she was alone, she could go days without eating and no one would notice. Except for Rachel.

"I uh... I guess" Aurora mumbled, wanting to seem normal about the question.

"I'll order us some pizza, is cheese okay?" Tom asked, tapping away on his phone. Aurora just nodded, keeping her gaze on the movie.

The pizza arrived earlier than Aurora would have liked. Tom got it from the delivery man at the door and sat down on the couch, setting the pizza between them.

"Plates?" Tom asked, getting up.

"In the cupboard over the sink" Aurora mumbled, thinking of ways to get out of this. Tom got the plates like a gentleman and set down a slice for Aurora as well, handing her the plate.

"Thanks" she mumbled, staring down at it. Maybe Tom wouldn't notice if she didn't eat it.

Tom finished his first and second slices quickly, but frowned when he saw Aurora hadn't even touched hers.

"You don't like it?" Tom asked, worried about Aurora.

"Oh, sorry. I like it" Aurora said, taking a bite. It tasted so good, but she immediately felt guilty about eating.

'Guess I just have to get rid of it when he leaves or falls asleep' Aurora thought to herself.