Episode 65: City of Shadows

Gotham City...

The city that was declared the most crime ridden city in the world, people who lived here are always afraid at what lies in the shadows, but for the criminals it's truly terrifying for them.

A woman who was carrying a bag of groceries was walking through an empty, she dropped a news paper on the floor and had to stop to pick it up.

"Hey, lady~ do you need some help?" A man from a dark alleyway spoke in a raspy tone.

"No thank you, I can handle it." The lady responded and tried to walk away, only for the man to grab her by the wrist and pulled her into the alleyway.

She tried to scream only for the man to cover her mouth and pull out a knife. "Stay with me, stay with me forever~"

The woman began to show tears as the knife got closer to her face, but then something smashed through a window and grab the man and pulled him in as he screamed.

The woman looked through the window where the man was pulled, only to see a blood trail that leads into the shadows.

In an another street, a man dressed in a large white coat pushed a woman into a taxi roughly.

"Please, Silk. Not the face." The woman begged the man.

"You're paining me, Joanie. You're screwing my livelihood." Silk tells her as he pulls out a switch knife.

The taxi driver saw this and simply saw this as another mess to clean. "Hey, man, take it somewhere else. I just had the seats cleaned."

"Shut your hairy face and drive." Silk told the driver as he passed him a couple hundreds bucks to keep quiet.

"Hmm, dog-eat-dog world, I guess." The driver said as he took the cash and started to count them. Completely ignoring the woman's pleas and screams

"Look, Joanie. You went and grew a new nostril." Silk told Joanie as he prepared to use the knife on her, only to stop as something landed on top of the taxi, making a loud thud noise.

"What the hell was that?" The taxi driver questioned as he dropped the cash on the floor.

"Someone's on the roof. Think they can go and mess with me?" Silk said as he pull out his gun and pointed it out the window, but then a boot above slammed his hand into the car's glass window, breaking it and causing him to drop his gun.

As Silk held his broken hand, a fist comes busting through the taxi's roof and pulls him up the roof. Joanie took his moment to get out of the taxi and run away as someone beat Silk into a pulp on the taxi.

Terrified, the taxi driver tried to start up his car, only for it to keep recoiling. "Oh, man, oh, man. Start already." He said as he tried the ignition key over and over with no result. Then Silk's broken and battered body lands on the hood of his car, shocking him.

The person that attacked Silk then knocked on the driver's window, signalling him to open. He then open the window and the figure grabs the money that Silk gave him and tore it into pieces and then leaves, leaving the driver nothing but a damaged car and broken body on it.

On the streets of Gotham, a car was speeding through downtown Gotham at a dangerous rate. The four criminals wore masks over the faces and were carrying heavy weapons. Behind them, was the GCPD chasing them down.

"Wolfram doesn't pay me enough for this sh*t!" One of the criminals spoke out with the other three, thinking that this was mistake taking this job.

"You got that right!" The driver agreed with him, he then stick his head and gun out the window and fired upon the police vehicles, causing him to pull back to avoid any casualties.