Episode 59: Call From The Void

Within the tomb that Black Manta had discovered, the murderous pirate used this opportunity to creature new weapons and discover secrets that he could use to kill his arch-nemesis: Aquaman.

Manta's best researchers began to study about the technology within this laboratory. One of the researchers walks up and informs him.

"Sir, we just searched what we originally believed was research logs for this base and we just discovered something odd. The hieroglyphs on them, they aren't Atlantean."

"Is that right? Good." Black Manta responded. "That means this base is not of Atlantean origins, we could use that to our advantage. Aquaman has no idea of this base. We've got all the time in the world."

How wrong he was as Ocean Reaper ram into the tomb to inform his master. "Manta sir! We've got company!"

Ocean Reaper revels to Black Manta on a holographic map of the Oki Mariner. "It just appeared on our scanners, I recognise the ship. It belongs to those heroes that were working with Aquaman."

"Working with Aquaman? Is that right?" Manta asked Ocean Reaper, who nodded. "Good." Manta responded. "Get Frost."
___________________________________
Meanwhile At The Same Time With The Oki Mariner Crew...

The Oki Mariner crew and their allies were on their way to Black Manta's base.

As they were travelling, the air around them was getting colder.

Some of the crew commented

"What happed to the clear skies and warm fresh air?"

"It's like winter."

"Hey, look to the side!" One of Gang Orca's sidekick pointed to the distance. They all looked towards the side of the ship to where they could see an iceberg.

"Is that ice?"

"What's that doing here?"

"Is not even close to winter and that wouldn't even be able to make this."

Selkie saw the iceberg and came to the conclusion that this wasn't natural. "Most likely someone's Quirk to hide in plain sight."

Lagoom Boy find started to shiver a little cause of the cold, he turns to Froppy on the ground shivering. "Tsu! Are you alright?" He asked as he helped her up.

"I-I'm fine, it's just that I don't do well in the cold *Ribbit* Y'know because of the frog thing." She tells him.

Lagoon Boy walks up to Gang Orca. "Sir, I need to find a warm area for Froppy, her body temperature is low."

"Take her inside, I think Sirius will help you find something to heat her up." Gang Orca tells them. Lagoon Boy and Sirius then take Froppy to the lower decks of the ship.

Gang Orca then walks into the ship deck and speaks with Selkie.

"Any idea why this snow storm just showed up?" Selkie asked he was having a hard time trying to see through the blizzard.

"I don't this is a natural blizzard, either Manta has hired some help from someone who can produce a snow storm or he's got some weather machine with him." Gang Orca assumed.

He then noticed Tidepool speaking with someone on a watch. "This blizzard is getting worse by the second, do you have any idea how to get pass it? No? *sigh* thanks anyway, if anything bad happens just warn us." She says before ending the call with the person.

"Who were you just talking to?" Gang Orca asked her, curiously.

"A friend. He actually lives close to here." Tidepool answered.