What happen?

When sophomore year came around everyone was asking me about Jack and when he's coming back I answered as much questions I could. Jack came back to school and people notice he wasn't very 'friendly' to me let alone my best friend so people asked me what happen to us I would just look at them and say "I have no idea." Jack started becoming abusive in 2nd semester of sophomore year he was popular had a girl friend and didn't need me but I would always try and talk to him and it was the worst mistake I've done..try to win him back of course I gave up and then the unexpected happen he hit me. Of course I was shocked and hurt but I knew he wasn't the same person anymore after that I was alone Daniel had moved the week after my dad past away I had no one to grieve to Jack showed up to his funeral and when he saw me he just laughed. Sometimes I questioned our friendship was it real or did he just pretend all thoughs years. His family always asked why I never came over and stuff like that but I simply just responded "it's not the same anymore." I'm so happy senior years almost over I just want to get it over with and move on. ooh and by the way no I'm not popular but I do have friends they just don't know about Jack. He's my past and I like keeping it like that.