✎𝒷𝑜𝓃𝓊𝓈

☪︎ ִ ࣪𖤐 𐦍 ☾𖤓

PREVIOUSLY, IN CHAPTER FOURTEEN...

The streetlights are flickering above Hongjoong, taunting him with their indecisiveness.

He shuffles further ahead on the damp pavement, frowning at the ground.

"Oh, them? That's Yunho and his boyfriend, Seonghwa. Why do you ask?"

Wooyoung's words are still bouncing around in his head, even this late at night, and Hongjoong can't seem to get them to quiet down.

All he hears are those whispered words over the heavy bass of the club's music and his heart pounding furiously in his ears.

Hongjoong isn't the type to compare himself to other men, but that was before Seonghwa, before his self-discovery, before he had someone in his life to get jealous over.

That was before, but this was now.

So it seemed that "Yunho" was Seonghwa's elusive boyfriend.

That in itself was not ideal, but what did Hongjoong expect?

That Seonghwa would date someone Hongjoong could even compare to?

The dancer was gorgeous and seductive, outgoing and likeable; of course Seonghwa was attracted to him.

But honestly, Hongjoong thought Seonghwa wanted more out of a partner, someone less flashy and more instinctive.

Less late nights out with foggy memories come morning and more quiet, contemplative moments spent in privacy.

But then again, all these observations were based on the fact that he thought he knew who Seonghwa was.

Frowning, Hongjoong recalls the moment Seonghwa's eyes met his in the club, how one moment the other was looking at him softly then the next, he was sticking his tongue down his boyfriend's throat, groping the dancer like they were all alone.

Even now, hours later, the memory still burns, simmering beneath the surface.

Hongjoong wants to rip his flesh off just to get rid of the feeling.

Seonghwa had known that Hongjoong was watching and he hadn't cared.

The elder had even smiled against Yunho's lips, had kissed the dancer the way Hongjoong liked— rough and desperate but calculated and methodical.

Those heart-shaped lips had never seemed so repulsive as they do now.

Hongjoong curses into the night air, but he keeps walking.

It's painfully clear to Hongjoong now that he was just a form of entertainment for Seonghwa and the thought made his blood boil.

The elder was used to getting what he wanted and Hongjoong had been a challenge for him— a challenge that had been conquered and nearly paraded around the village for all to see.

Seonghwa had said that he loved him; Hongjoong had been embarrassingly close to saying it back.

What a goddamn idiot he is.