✎𝓈𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓃𝓉𝑒𝑒𝓃

☪︎ ִ ࣪𖤐 𐦍 ☾𖤓

"You don't love me, do you?" Wooyoung declares, watching Hongjoong put the dinner dishes in his tiny stainless steel sink.

Hongjoong pauses with a cup in his hand, thinking over the best way to respond.

His family is long gone, having immediately left after his confession.

His father had turned cold and abrasive while his mother did say goodbye to both her son and Wooyoung with a resolute expression.

Bumjoong, of course, had a myriad of things to comment, but once he reached the front door, he turned around and Hongjoong swore he smiled softly, looking at his brother without any trace of malice.

For such a climactic moment, it was all over in less than ten minutes, leaving Wooyoung and Hongjoong alone to clean up the aftermath.

"You don't love me," Wooyoung repeats, keeping a safe distance. "So why did you tell them that we're dating?"

Hongjoong laughs under his breath, placing the cup in the water.

He pivots until he's facing the younger man.

"Because we are. Well, now we are anyway."

"But you don't—"

Hongjoong rushes to cut Wooyoung off.

"No, I don't love you, but I should, right?" he retorts, immediately regretting his harsh tone. "You're good for me."

Thumbing the hem of his hoodie, Wooyoung sighs.

"I don't want to be your second choice," he whispers to the ground.

"That didn't bother you before."

Wooyoung whips his head up, gaping at Hongjoong's words.

His eyes harden beneath his glasses, but Hongjoong can still see the fire burning in them.

"That was when it was my choice," he explains. "That was back when it was just us in the club. But this.... Hongjoong, you're using me as a distraction from your real pain. I'm just an excuse to get over this other guy and I'm sorry, but I can't be in a relationship with someone who imagines another guy when we're together."

Taken aback, Hongjoong scoffs.

"Are you serious? Then what was all that at the club? You didn't mind then. In fact, you were the one who suggested that I imagine Seonghwa every time we kissed! That was all your idea! And what about all that shit about wanting me and waiting for me—"

"Seonghwa?" Wooyoung's defiant expression dies, replaced by a sorrow that makes Hongjoong's chest tighten, makes his head pulse with agony.

"All this time, you wanted Seonghwa?"

Hongjoong falls silent, staring down the younger with a narrowed gaze.

He doesn't quite understand why Wooyoung is refusing to play the part of his boyfriend.

After all, the man had practically thrown himself onto Hongjoong for weeks now, making him feel wanted and cared for when everything else was going to shit.