✎𝓉𝓌𝑒𝓃𝓉𝓎

[ fun fact: this book was semi inspired by this song, so check out the lyric video above for some insights if curious! happy reading. LOVE YOU ALL SM MWAH ]

☪︎ ִ ࣪𖤐 𐦍 ☾𖤓

"Let's go down and never come back up."

These were the words Seonghwa had whispered to Hongjoong that first time in the studio, the younger beneath him, looking up with adoration blooming in his dark eyes.

If only Seonghwa had known it would end like this, drowning so deep in the waves that it feels like he will never resurface.

Like every breath of air had been forced from his lungs and all that's left in its place is a void so deep that nothing will be able to fill it again.

If only he knew that it wasn't just he and Hongjoong treading water in that vast ocean.

If only he had turned his head and saw that Yunho was struggling as well.

With a huff of frustration, Seonghwa turns off the music blaring in his dance studio and glares at his students.

"What is with you guys today? None of you seem to want to be here." He eyes the idol group in its entirety, raking his gaze over each impassive, bored face.

The boys are looking at everything but their teacher.

"Well?" Seonghwa taps his foot impatiently, but no one dares to speak up.

Finally, he decides that he's had enough.

"Class dismissed. Tell your manager to have you come back when you actually care."

It's harsh, but Seonghwa feels harsh, very unlike himself and even though going back to work feels like a familiar routine, he can't deny that his personal life is anything resembling what it used to be.

Yunho is gone.

Having stayed at their apartment for a few days,— on the couch, even though Seonghwa was willing to give up the bed— one day, Seonghwa came home to find that the man and all his belongings had vanished, leaving nothing behind.

He shouldn't be surprised, but he is.

Somehow, he thought that the younger would at least want to hear his side of the story, but after that stormy night, Yunho had only spoken to him once.

"Do you want to split the cds? We bought them together."

Figuring Yunho had moved in with Wooyoung, Seonghwa had tried to return to some semblance of normal, but even in his element, it was proving to be extremely difficult.

"Seonsaengnim?" one of the rappers of the idol group, Tao, speaks up, raising his hand.

Seonghwa arches a brow in response.

Tao shifts on his feet but eventually steps forward, drawing curious stares from his band members.

"Look, we want to be here, but we've decided that we don't like the song we're performing. It's just not us."