✎𝑒𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉

☪︎ ִ ࣪𖤐 𐦍 ☾𖤓

Hongjoong never responded to Seonghwa's video apology verbally, but his physical presence in the studio the following morning was enough.

It was enough to let Seonghwa breathe again, to make him feel more himself than he has in awhile.

The two resumed work on the track but of course nothing was the same as before, even if "before" hadn't been much to begin with.

But instead of awkward conversations and misunderstandings, a contemplative silence fell over their work.

They only spoke when addressed directly and it only focused on the project.

Seonghwa would leave for lunch everyday and Hongjoong would bring his little box of food and both would act as platonically as humanly possible.

By the end of the second week of their collaboration, the track was polished to the point of submission for approval and Seonghwa felt confident in the dance even if it wasn't his best, even if he was barely holding onto inspiration.

Since that left some free time until a higher up gave them the green light to continue on, Hongjoong suggested that they take a few days off.

"Do you want to get coffee?" Seonghwa counters, trying once more to lure Hongjoong out of his shell.

He figures that enough time has passed since everything went to shit and they could at least salvage a friendship out of this.

It was the least he could do all things considered.

It made sense in Seonghwa's mind, even if he knew that he may still be harboring a perverse curiosity of this small man that defied every explanation.

Despite his better judgement, despite the little voice in his head that begs him to leave well enough alone, he finds that he wants to understand the other more deeply, possibly to his own detriment.

Hongjoong shoulders his bag and glances up at Seonghwa with a blank expression.

He looks more rested recently, the ashen pallor of his complexion becoming slowly replaced with a soft undertone of blushing pink.

"No," he answers coolly before walking towards the elevator.

If Seonghwa thought the fiery, aggressive Hongjoong was terrifying, then this cold, detached man was even more unsettling.

This wasn't the same terse aura as when they had just met; this Hongjoong was hollow and unfeeling.

"How about something to eat? Do you like samgyeopsal?" Seonghwa tries, running to catch up with the other.

Hongjoong turns abruptly to face him and Seonghwa is certain that the man will punch him for his insistence, but he has to try.

Hongjoong furrows his brow and settles his gaze on Seonghwa's attentive face.

"Hwa, I'm not thirsty. I'm not hungry, and we are coworkers. So... just, stop. Enjoy your days off." He turns then and walks away, face devoid of any emotion.