Chapter 7: Veiling proposal

Allura's POV

After sobbing for about 3 minutes with no ceasing I manage to stop. And Miguel helps me on my feet and we walk to a bench in the middle of the garden.

He rubs my back gently as I try to regulate my breath. "What on earth upset you so much so that you would break down? I sometimes forget that you are human because you are forever helping others it's rare seeing you in need?" He takes out his handkerchief and I wipe my tears with it. It has a very strong coconut scent to it very soothing.

"Lilly and I just got into a fight and she just said some things that really got to me. I think Prince Aden loved or even stills loves but she just shut me down instantly. I was just trying to help." Tears run down my eyes the way I am crying it's only a matter of time before I get a running nose. He sighs from besides me and stops rubbing my back he then puts his hands together clenching them the veins in hands more visible now. He stares ahead of him into nothing.

Perhaps what he just can't grasp what I am feeling right now. "Being royal just makes life difficult we live for our families not ourselves. You would think your siblings would understand but even they have certain ranching it's different for everyone." He stops to take a breath before continuing.

"I am always up for hearing the other side but sometimes people are just too bad for saving. Lura you are always looking out for others and not a lot of people appreciate such a person. So I advice to be selfish before you think about others think of whether or not they would care to listen. Stand your ground. Your people are known for doing that so it's time you embrace that. Your sister, your family are just mere human beings getting through life like you and I so don't hold them to standard such as a God." He understood everything all well.

Someone actually saw me its feels amazing to think about he actually cared to listen and answer well. "Your right. I should just do my duties and stop trying to fix things I didn't break. I will be a queen so I should act like it I guess" There is silence as my words hang in the air. "Will he be able to give you love?" His question is one that needs a lucky guess type of answer. "That is solely up to him." I respond as best as I can to make it seem less sad than it is.

"He might never love you, and for eternity you will have to wake up to his face, spend all your life with him and make void memories that won't feel fulfilling when you rest for good. Do you think you are ready for that?" He gets up from the bench and stand tall and firm before me with the look of concern in his eyes. "Its my duty. I was made ready. Besides no one ever loved me so I might not be loved either way."

As much as I love books they will never steer me too far from possible reality. "Lura I am sure that someone has loved you or has dreamed about a possible life with you." I chuckle and he just watches me. If only he knew that not one boy has ever seen me in that way. "I guess that person didn't love me enough to even let me know." There is only one person who could come to mind.

"So I am guessing that you think because my brother didn't love you back you stopped believing that you deserve love." I am so sick of these situations. "I am glad to see you are alright and you weren't hurt after last night's incident with my brother."

Why must everything revolve around Pedro? Is that what people remember me for? The sound of thunder echoes into my thoughts bringing me out of them as the rain starts drizzling. "We should leave quickly before we drenched it's almost curfew too. Hop on." He turns his back to me. "Gladly it's been years since you have given me a ride on your back." I jump on his back and he settles me on properly because this gown is a bit to puffy to be adjusted. The rain starts pouring as he starts running.

We used to do this a lot in our preppy days. I hope I haven't gotten heavy for him. "I guess we both know where you got the idea of horse riding from." we both chuckle though his not out of breath yet I have no idea how. We finally arrive at the chamber corridors and he still holding me going up the stairs. "I could walk up the stairs you know" My mind keeps on whispering that I could be heavy for him.