Chapter 10: A trip to the modiste

Allura's POV:

In the library

After Pedro and I got heated we just stayed quiet for a few minutes the silence was dreadful and long. We finally start working after we both cool down "While looking at the kingdom's values and strong beliefs we should also be focusing on their problems." Pedro chips in.

"Well Dullex has issues with including members of the lower class in their decision making of the kingdom and that might cause problems in the trust and peace of the land. It's concerning that their values are unity when they do the opposite." I add in."Typical minority kingdom." I laugh at his remark its funny that's how my kingdom was way before I was born probably before Lilly too. "So how would you get the trust of your people if this was your kingdom?" I ask as I too think about possible effective solutions.

"Well a lot of them wish for better schooling for the young boys so we could build new schools. For the young girls we could build a gathering for them were they could explore skills of their choice like art or cooking. Also better housing could help, maybe if their royals are less greedy they could manage all this." He is actually very informed and well spoken I am surprised he has definitely changed since Prep. "I am quite impressed. We will definitely be given an outstanding achievement on this part of the project. I will write out the plan and I need you to present this part since you are passionate about it." I pack up my files from the desk.

"Allura I am sorry for yelling at you, I remember Miguel mentioning something about you being sensitive to yelling. I really don't want to be apologizing every other day." Miguel told him about that? Why? "No it's okay it really wasn't that horrible of a thing. I will take my leave now." I walk out and head to my chamber I really do hope Ruby is awake because I have to vent. "Allura!" I hear Lilly's voice echo from behind me and I stop to turn at my door. "Yes, sister." I answer, this is the first time since a while since we have last spoken.

"Shall we go inside first I wish to speak to you and not the whole academy." I can tell she is trying to joke but I turn around opening the door and we both walk in and she takes a seat on my bed. "So...your engagement is in the coming 5 weeks we must start preparing so Mama put me in charge of making sure you get your dress." So she isn't here to apologize what did I expect. "Is that the only reason you are here then?" I ask hinting that I need an apology.

"Yes sister. But also I apologize for saying all the horrible things I said to you. However I do not apologize for reminding you of your duties. You are of royal blood an heiress of Gatuk not a commoner remember that sister. Live by that." She just mixed an apology with a lecture. "I have never forgotten sister." She opens her arms for a hug and I accept. It has been forever since we have hugged. "Alright so we will go dress shopping tomorrow. I have to leave now." She leaves heading for the door. "Oh Princess Lilly its a pleasure seeing you here." Ruby teases her by curtsying. "Pleasure seeing you as well Ruby." Lilly leaves and Ruby immediately jumps on her bed and breaths heavily.

"What have you been up to that has you so drained?" I hit her head with a pillow and sits up after a couple of years of trying. "I was in the library working on the project with William you know it's the final days." I did not see her there. "I saw William coming back from sword practice on my way back from the library not so long ago." I wonder why she is lying. "I stayed behind after he left early for his practice."

I let it go but something in me is telling me she is lying. We have not been together all the time and I can feel that something is not okay. Maybe she is just worried about the project. "Well Pedro apologized for everything I guess." She starts laughing. "Pedro as in Prince grumpy apologized to you. Wow times are changing." We both laugh. "Are you sure he meant it, or at least he was not forced to do this?" I could care less honestly. "Even if it was forced, I got him to say sorry so I am happy regardless."