Chapter 3: Past lives

Allura's POV:

"Her fiancé" Aden answers. My heart sinks to the pit of my stomach to his response that's my reality now. Pedro turns to look at me the look in his eyes, the look of disbelief. "Princess I will take my leave you should get some rest. I will arrange for us to meet another time." I am so embarrassed right now this so not a good impression. "Yes Your Majes-" "Allura are you awake?" Lilly enters the room and stops talking when she sees Aden. 

They look in their eyes looks like how I had imagined lovers to look at each other in books.

"Your Majesty" she acknowledges him and he bows in response. "Princess Bright. I will take my leave now." he exits the room. Pedro just leaves without apologizing, jerk. "How are you feeling sister?" Lilly approaches the bed cupping my face to see if I have been marked in anyway. "I am fine sister, no need to mother me. But you can walk me to my room." She rolls her eyes at me before helping me stand properly and we start walking.

"Do you think I ruined my first impression with Aden?" I know she would never lie to me and she always gives the best advice she will know how to fix it. "No. Aden will understand he isn't heartless besides it's not like you looked horrible on purpose." she laughs. I am sure that she still loves him. We reach my room in no time "Do you love him?" she leaves my hand and just stares at me. "Allura I don't even know what love is and I most definitely think I will never find that in this life. Beside you know very well that it's rare for a royal to marry for love."

She speaks no lie and I know first hand our parents didn't marry for love but they did end up loving each other but not all arranged marriages end like that. "Goodnight sister" "Goodnight." and I head in my room. "Allura are you okay?" Ruby asks from inside her blankets. "Yeah I am fine" I change into my night gown. "Who kicked the ball anyway?" she asks half asleep. "Pedro." She awakens at the mention of his name. "What?? Did he apologize?" she sit up in her bed. "Of course not, you know he doesn't do that." she knows what he is like. After all we both had a crush on him mine lasted longer than hers though.

"I can't believe him, you think because he is next in line for his kingdom he would mature but no." I always gave him a benefit of the doubt but eventually got tired. "I mean for all we know Miguel could be the one to take the throne, I mean they are twins so they only decide next year when they turn 18." though the boys were twins they were nothing alike in all ways from their faces to their personalities. They are just polar opposites from each other you would never say they are twins.

"Right. That will be the biggest decision in history they had better pick right. Anyway goodnight." "Goodnight Ruby"

Next Day

I woke up with a slight headache but I took some medicine to help. Getting ready for my classes was okay I had to dress up extra because my first class is etiquette and it requires to be dressed at your most best, I put on my best red gown and tie my dreadlocks in a neat bun and a plain tiara to go with my dress. I walk into class to see if there might be someone I know but I spot no one.

"Looks like we are going to be fancy together Lura." Miguel whispers from behind me causing me to finch a little bit. "Miguel don't sneak up on me like that." I joke. He always does this. He smiles and I notice the suit he is wearing a very dark shade of blue that's close to a black color. He looks so mature now from when we were younger.

"Alright settle down students. I am Miss Alice and I hope we will be respectful to one another" Ms Alice is a great lecturer it's just that etiquette can be boring at times. "In today's class we will be focusing on Dance and Grace." Great.

"Now find a partner so we can start." Every prince starts scrambling around finding a princess to pair with. They all seem to be focused on Miguel who is next me. "So shall we be a pair?" He asks with his hand out and his signature charm smile.