Chapter 8: My king to the Seltor

Allura's POV:

"If I recall carefully Sir, your only contribution to this project is knowing of people and nothing else" I blurt out livid with rage trying to control my voice. "Princess behave yourself and excuse yourself." his cocky belittling tone leaves my blood boiling. I feel my throat clog up with pain and my eyes start tearing up a little. I am upset but I will not let him take credit for my work. I take a few breaths and it opens up my throat.

"I will not excuse myself where I am clearly adored for my work. You have put minimal work whereas I have made sure that our alliances are happy. And you know that well. Do not try and act as though you can lead where you can not." my voice comes across affirming and tight as I address not only Pedro but our alliances. "Pedro your Dad would be in his grave if he heard this, you are being lead around instead of leading? Miracles do happen I guess huh." Prince Dan says in a grating voice which sounds sarcastic and the other princes starts laughing under their breath.

Pedro moves in a second grabbing hold of Dan by his collar, his face red with furry. "You had better watch your words because your kingdom is surviving of the scrums of my kingdom in fact all of you do. You will not talk to me like one late night mistresses." he shaves Dan backwards and he finds his balance swiftly. "If you are all that and more Hailstings then you and your lady find new alliances. Let's go gentlemen." All 3 of them drop their files of the alliance on the table and walk away. We have lost all our alliances.

Pedro walks off and goes out the hall. And then Headmistress walks in and I quickly get back to work hoping she doesn't spot that Pedro is gone. About 2 hours have gone by now, Pedro returned and got to working he hasn't looked at me the whole day. I am stressing over the fact that we have 1 month to find other alliances and give a grand closing to this sector of the Seltor. I finish packing the last book on the shelf and put the stepping stool in it's place. "Princess Allura." I turn to see the prince who I helped early today. "Yes, uhm.." I didn't get his name. "Khalid, Duke of Romulus." He introduces himself. Then a girl comes besides him.

"You must be Allura, I am Princess Glenda I am a fan." She curtseys. Her smile is warm and fits well with her beautiful eyes that looks like they were dipped in honey complimented by her strawberry blonde hair. "I never knew I had fan" I chuckle under my breath. "Well the way you stood up for yours against those prince's today was quite impressive." I didn't even think people were paying attention.

"We both came here to form alliances with you." What? "Wait really?" I ask in a shocked tone. "Yes you seem to be passionate about work unless we are mistaken." Glenda let's out looking at Khalid with a questioning look. "No. I am a hardworking person. And I would most definitely do my best. You are not mistaken at all." I am so excited right now I just landed alliances all on my own.

After exchanging numbers I show them the previous files of the former alliances and I promise to have new ones catered to their kingdoms in a week. The match and hosting both end and I head to the Head office to hand in my pass. After that I head to the dining chambers for dinner. I spot Ruby who already has dished up for me and she is sitting with the boys. How amazing.

"You looking like a hardworking woman." She jokes as I sit next to her. Pedro across from me just looking at his food without looking up. "Lura I heard there was commotion at the station you were assigned do you know anything about that?" After hearing Miguel's question Pedro finally looks at me as if asking me not to speak. "Why don't you ask your twin?" I harshly blurt out while eating my pasta. Miguel nudges Pedro in the arm and he sighs in response.

"Allura here lost all our alliances today and we are doomed." He sips his juice. I drop my fork in my plate in order to answer. "Would it kill you to admit your wrongs. Was I suppose to sit by and watch you ridicule me in front of everyone. It's your fault you sidekicks ditch us." I try to whisper so that only the people at our table can here. "No you couldn't stand that I could do something without you, must you always be the one shining? Or maybe it's because you think I don't have the brains to do anything for work." His sharp tone hardens as he tries keeping his voice low.

"Guys please maybe you guys are just having a misunderstanding." Ruby tries to soften the mood. "Misunderstood? He took credit of my work then said that he is the "leader" of this project,when we both know who does the work?" I feel my temperature increase as I remember his courage to even do what he did. "What are we talking about?" Samba sits at the table.

"Allura just because you read some books and write out plans does not mean that you have a leaders heart to actually carry out a kingdoms mission. That's why even the king's advisor man is beneath the king himself." Silence consumes the table. And tears fall down my face. "Why would you say that to her?" Miguel let's out in an anger tone. "I have no idea what is going on, but Pedro do not speak to my sister like that ever again or we will have problems." Samba let's out.

"Samba I was ju-" Samba stops him immediately. " I don't care but you will not do it again I hope I am clear" Pedro goes silent. We all just go back to eating. Cara comes out of nowhere and splashes her drink on Pedro. " What is the meaning of this?" Pedro gets to his feet yelling catching everyone's attention. "Who do you think you are to break up with me, how could you do that?" She holds him by his jacket. Her face red watch her voice screeching through the hall.

"Why would you do that, I don't understand what have I done huh.?" She finally let's him go and he just stands there silent. Then she looks at me. "Oh I see. It's her isn't it, you left me to be with her. That's who has been on your mind lately." She let's out a cry. "Are you happy, aren't you getting married to a prince so then why do you still want him. Is one guy not enough for you?" How dare she.

"Cara she is not the reason, stop blaming her. We weren't even exclusive so what are you on about. Besides we were not inlove you know this so stop this drama." Pedro demands and she stays frozen in her place. She walks over to him and slaps him through the face and walks out. Pedro follows right behind her. After that everyone goes back to what they were doing. I see a people stealing glances and whispering. I don't know why drama will just not leave me alone this year.

"Sister a word" Samba asks as we leave the hall. "Go on I will meet you in the room." Ruby informs me as she leaves us. We walk to the garden and find a bench. "I know about your fight with Lilly. I wanted to hear your side." He let's out. What more is there to know he must have already took her side. "I think Prince Aden loves her still but she won't hear it, and she is upset because she doesn't want to face that she loves him too. I was only trying to help but I will stop doing that from now on." I want to stop talking about this it's tiring.

"Don't do that. I know how stubborn Lilly is and she can be harsh at times but she isn't evil. Besides even I know Aden loves her but she doesn't want to accept it so there is nothing we can do." He holds my shoulder to comfort me.But I don't respond. He pulls me in for a side hug. "You are very strong you that. Everyone is under pressure due to the pressures of duty. Don't hate your sister for that. Okay Allura Mbali Bright." I smile it's been a while since I have heard my middle name.

"Yes brother I hear you." I respond squeezing him in the hug. He laughs as I struggle to put him out of breath. "I am a Ratchball legend a princess can't do anything to me." He teases. "Okay we should go to our rooms it's almost curfew." We get up and I try hugging him but he refused because I had interrupted his space enough for today.

THE NEXT DAY

My first class today was etiquette and I had to be dolled up alot. Since we are practicing for the Seltor opening dance today. My floral gown seemed to stand out to me today. "Welcome Princess" Miguel takes my hand and kisses it softly. "Morning Smiley am I late?" I ask looking for the dance instructor. " No we are simply just early." He jokes.

"Will you help perfect a dance move?" He holds out his hand. "Sure" I answer. Music starts playing I wonder who turned that on. As we waltz he seems to have perfect form even more than me. As we end the dance he twirls me in such a way the I end up facing a board where it's written May I please be your King to the Seltor when I turn to Miguel his on one knee holding a bouquet of sunflowers.

"Princess Allura Mbali Bright can I be your king for the the Seltor?" He stutters when saying my middle name. My heart races in my chest. My hands get sweaty as everyone in room focuses on us. "Yes" I answer. And everyone claps to congratulate us. He stands up and hugs me. And then the instructor walks in and everyone settles down.

I have never been asked to anything. This is beyond what I imagine for my first proposal to anything. I never thought Miguel Hailstings would be the one to ask me first.