Chapter 2: Her fiancé

At the Royal Academy

Allura's POV:

After a 5 hour ride and 2 whole books the carriage finally comes to a stop. With almost half of the academy already here I am glad that we are not late. We get off and start getting our luggage from the trunk.

The energy of this place doesn't feel the same anymore and it's not because of the thunderclouds hovering above the place. Perhaps it because this year will be the most important year of me being here. As the guards escort us in, my eyes scanning the halls everybody is already settled in and catching up.

"Well I guess this is where we part ways my dear sisters, see you hopeful never." Samba walks off and immediately heads for the lips of some girl definitely not his lover from last year. That's my brother for you he just can not commit to anything but food and Ratchball. He will most definitely be a polygamous king if he is not tamed.

"Lilly dear you're here." A group of preppy princess comes rushing in our direction and completely circles me out from my sister. They all hug and exchange kisses on the cheeks. I feel so out of place but Lilly has never had that problem she has always been that princess everyone wants to be around. Me on the other hand I have always be a shadow type of princess around her.

Seeing how busy she is I walk off to head to my chamber. After 5 flights of stairs I make it to my room. The door is already unlocked which means Ruby has arrived. I walk in to her humming her favorite song. "You are still the same I see." Her face brightens and we both run into each other's arms and start squealing. "I have been waiting for almost 2 hours all alone. Do you always have to be late?" It's been 2 seconds and she is already picking a fight with me. She always been like this since childhood. "I am not late Ruby, you just always come early how is that my fault" No matter how hard I try I can never be early for anything must be a curse or something.

"I wouldn't be surprised if one day you are late for your own wedding but not to worry since I will be the maid of honor that won't happen." My face immediately turns sour because of the fact that my wedding is actually happening in a matter of 2 years to a complete stranger. "Did I say something wrong, I will be the maid of honor right? Or have you found some peachy princess for that role?" I burst out laughing she always manages to make me laugh. "Of course you will be my maid of honor, infact you will have to be prepared because my wedding is in 2 years time"

Her face goes into confusion before she finally understands what I have just told her. "The marriage has been fixed huh?" She asks with a saddened face and I nod forcing a smile on my face. "I can't believe that you will never get to actually fall inlove that's been like a dream of yours since we could fantasize about it." Ever since I read my first romance book I have dreamt of a love like in the books. I had planned my first everything in my head by the age of 15. "I guess it was just made to be a dream." I answer taking of my coat. The Alert goes off. It's an alert to assemble everyone in the Assembly quarters. When it sounds we have ten minutes to  be there.

We rush quickly putting on proper gowns and tiaras. We both rush down the stairs hand in hand laughing. We make it there with two minutes to spare out of breath. The seniors are seated up on top while the juniors are just below them. This year Ruby and I are up top. We both take our seats and settle in.

The sound of high heels sound on the floor accompanied by the smell of lavender and coconut signaling the arrival of the Headmistress Phina and the other lectures. The hall goes silent and waits to be addressed. Headmistress steps up on stage and approaches the podium. "Welcome students to another year at the academy." She greets and we all applaud as a way of greeting back.