Why would they even feed on humans in the first place? There's no obvious nutritional value to feasting on humans. We're mostly bone with a thin layer of muscle covering it. Are they like Blue Whales, where they have to eat a bunch of smaller things to sustain themselves?

If that's the case, then why haven't they gone extinct yet if everyone here is behind a set of walls? Surely they should've all starved right about now unless they eat creatures other than humans. Certainly, there's a library somewhere in the inner walls where I can find more information.

Or perhaps I'd have to see a titan in person to fully grasp what they are.

My pants feel itchy...

...

..

.

..

...

Woosh!

Zip!

I landed safely at camp, my horse was nowhere to be seen. That was no matter, however. I didn't need it at the moment.

Rumble...

"Sigh..." I reached into one of the bags and took out a few pieces of salted meat—beef. They were still raw, so cooking it was in order.

I went out to gather some dried sticks for the fire. It reminded me of the Island Exam early in the year. That brought back memories.

I wonder what...Class D was doing now that I was gone? I wouldn't be able to observe their growth any longer that's for sure. Horikita, Class D, Ichinose, Class B, Ryuuen...Sakayanagi... Kei...All my plans for them have gone to waste now.

Will they miss me?

Most definitely.

Ichinose and her class will crumble to bits by the end of the second year. Not even Kanzaki could salvage their situation.

Ryuuen and Sakayanagi won't get their rematches. I'm unsure what Ryuuen would do, but his growth would probably start to stagnate as soon as my disappearance was announced. There wouldn't be much of a motivation anymore.

On the other hand, I don't think Sakayanagi stands a chance against the White Room student or Tsukishiro. My plans for her were barely in motion when I poofed out of existence. The one thing for certain is that everything will start to deteriorate quickly.

Kei will be left to rot without me...

Horikita's development had reached a sufficient enough stage where she could compete with the other class leaders, but not beat them in their entirety. And without me, her morale would take a massive hit unless she could become self-sustaining.

The conversation with Horikita Manabu and the events afterwards played in my head like rewinding back in time.

...

..

.

..

...

"Maybe so. But don't you want to leave something here while at this school? If that's the case, then I think the question Do you think that continuing like this will have any meaning in the future? Is something you should think about carefully."

"Leave something behind... that's something that only someone that stands out as much as you can do."

"If you can't imprint your legacy at the school itself, you just need to do it to the students. Let the student known as Ayanokouji Kiyotaka be carved into the minds of the students, and they will not forget your existence."